Long Beach Truck Accident Attorneys
Being involved in a truck accident can be devastating. High-impact crashes involving big rigs and 18-wheelers can leave victims with major injuries due to the sheer size and weight of these vehicles. But help is at hand for truck collision victims. If you have been injured, contact a Long Beach truck accident lawyer at Bisnar Chase now.
We know how traumatic it is to be involved in a semi-truck accident. A crash can leave you badly injured, with lasting pain and emotional scars. Victims are often left unsure where to turn as they try to deal with the insurance companies over their medical bills and vehicle damage.
At Bisnar Chase, our Long Beach truck accident attorneys have a 99% success rate and offer a ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee. Contact us for a free consultation and expert legal advice. Dial (323) 238-4683 or email us now.
Causes of Truck Accidents Near Long Beach, CA
Most truck accident lawsuits involve cases where the truck driver or company is at fault. There are several different forms of truck driver negligence which make up the most common causes of truck accidents and crashes. These include:
- Driving Under the Influence: Getting behind the wheel under the influence of drugs or alcohol is extremely dangerous. It greatly increases the risk of an accident occurring, as the driver’s skills and reflexes are impaired.
- Fatigue: Rules are in place to limit driving hours for truck drivers, but fatigue is still a huge danger. Many drivers who are looking to hit their deadlines and quotas will cover long distances without much rest. This leads to tiredness, causing a loss of concentration and poor decision making.
- Distracted Driving: Truck drivers are allowed to drive for 8 consecutive hours. During long-haul journeys, some negligent truck drivers may eat, read, or check their phone – but this will also divert their attention away from the road.
- Sub-par Truck Maintenance: All trucks need to be serviced and maintained properly. Sub-par maintenance and repairs can lead to crash hazards. For instance, the truck could lose steering due to a mechanical fault, or may be unable to brake in time to avoid a collision due to worn tires.
- Poor Driving: In some truck accident cases, the crash will be caused by poor driving, such as speeding, making dangerous overtaking maneuvers, or driving inappropriately for the weather conditions.
- Lack of Driver Training: Driving a truck is not the same as driving a car. Truck drivers require different licenses based on the size of the vehicle and the type of cargo they want to carry. If a truck driver is not properly trained on how to operate their vehicle, they could be a danger to everyone around them.
- Negligence of Other Drivers: Truck drivers can be victims too. It is important to remember that accidents involving trucks can also be caused by the negligence of other drivers on the road. While big rigs offer a lot of protection, a truck driver can still be hurt in a crash.
- Auto Defects: In some cases an accident might be the result of an auto defect, rather than driver fault. This when the vehicle has faulty components or was not manufactured properly. Such mechanical defects can cause trucks to lose power, steering or braking without warning, creating a serious crash risk.
Anyone injured in a collision should contact our Long Beach truck accident lawyers for a free consultation. We can offer expert help to give you peace of mind.
Long Beach Truck Crash Hotspots
Our truck accident injury lawyers in Long Beach have handled cases involving all kinds of crashes in and around the 90805 area.
Many truck accidents happen on freeways, such as the I-710 and I-405. This is because high speeds, fatigue, and distracted driving are more likely to be factors on long truck journeys involving freeways.
But a lot of crashes also happen on surface streets. Long Beach roads carry a high volume of traffic, and some streets are not suited to the size of an 18-wheeler or bulky tractor-trailer. Busy streets include Long Beach Boulevard, Signal Hill, Bellflower Boulevard, Atlantic Avenue, Cherry Avenue, Anaheim Street, and Wardlow Road.
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a crash in or around Long Beach, contact a trucking accident lawyer now.
Truck Accidents – Who is Liable?
Several potential parties can be liable for a truck accident in Long Beach. These can include anyone who has displayed negligence which has contributed to the crash, such as:
If the driver breaks the law or displays negligent behavior, they could be held liable for an accident.
If proper vehicle servicing and upkeep contribute to a crash, the truck owner or leasing company may be legally responsible.
If maintenance workers make a mistake or omission which contributes to a crash, they could be culpable.
Shoddy manufacturing processes and cheap parts can make vehicles dangerous.
Some accidents are caused by improperly loaded cargo on commercial vehicles creating a hazardous situation.
The operating company often bears ultimate responsibility.
Contact Bisnar Chase now and speak to an experienced Long Beach truck accident attorney who can help you identify the negligent parties and build the strongest case possible for you.
Do I Need a Lawyer After a Truck Crash?
Victims of Long Beach truck wrecks can hold the at-fault parties accountable and seek compensation for their injuries. But this is not always easy.
Trucking companies and manufacturers are usually giant entities and will have dedicated legal teams or insurance agents working for them. The idea of taking on these people on your own can be daunting. That is where a personal injury lawyer comes in. The insurance companies and trucking companies will attempt to settle your case for the lowest possible amount. They are loyal to their bottom line, no to you. By hiring a Long Beach truck crash lawyer, you will have someone in your corner fighting for you.
Our personal injury attorneys are expert negotiators, with more than 40 years of experience in taking on insurance adjusters. They are also highly skilled trial attorneys, who can argue your case effectively in court.
Immediately after a crash, a victim should:
- Call 911 and seek medical attention
- Make a police report
- Take pictures of the scene, your injuries, and any vehicle damage
- Speak to witness and secure statements
- Contact an experienced Long Beach big rig truck accident lawyer
Choosing the right law firm is one of the most important steps you can take if you have been injured in a crash.
Brian Chase, Senior Partner:
“Trucks can be a serious hazard that we face routinely on our congested highways. Bisnar Chase has handled numerous types of truck accident cases; we know how to take on trucking companies over their negligence, and we take pride in getting results.”
Truck Crash Statistics
- The average semi-truck measures 70-80 ft long and has a weight limit of 80,000 lbs
- The stopping time and distance for a big rig is about 40% higher than that of a car
- There are more than 100,000 truck crashes in the United States annually. One study shows that more than 145,000 people were injured in truck wrecks in 2016
- There were also more than 4,300 fatalities in truck crashes in 2016
- The number of trucks on the roads across the U.S. is growing every year, with the figure currently topping 11.5 million
These statistics show exactly how dangerous a large semi-truck or big rig can be if proper care is not taken. Contact our truck accident law firm for help in fighting for justice if you have been injured.
Truck Accident Compensation
Truck accident injuries can be severe. Any crash involving a large truck weighing up to 80,000 lbs and traveling at up to 55 mph is going to involve a huge impact. Typical truck crash injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Traumatic brain injury
Such severe injuries will often lead to a lawsuit, with victims fighting for compensation.
Truck accident injury compensation can vary hugely when it comes to the amount that you could expect. Compensation can depend on an array of factors, including:
- Injury severity
- Lost wages
- Pain, suffering, and emotional trauma
- Rehab costs
- Ongoing expenses
- Medical costs
- Property damage
Taking legal action is not just about financial compensation either. A Long Beach truck accident lawyer will help you fight for justice. We want to help you hold the at-fault parties accountable.
Truck Accident FAQs
Some of the frequently asked questions for our Long Beach truck accident attorneys include:
You have two years to file a lawsuit after being involved in a truck accident, timed from the date of the crash according to California law. However, it is best to inform your insurance company and contact a lawyer as soon as possible.
Bisnar Chase works on contingency. This means that all costs required to win your case are advanced, and you will not have to pay a penny out of pocket.
Yes. California uses a rule called comparative negligence, which allows partially at-fault drivers to file a claim against other negligent parties.
When you call Bisnar Chase you will discuss the details of your case with a legal professional, who will be able to provide advice and guidance. This initial case review is completely free of charge, and carries no obligations to sign with us. If both parties want to move forward, we can start building a strong case for you.
Finding the Best Truck Crash Lawyers Near Me
Bisnar Chase is a top-rated firm offering superior representation to truck accident victims in Long Beach, across Los Angeles County and Orange County, and throughout Southern California.
- More than 40 years of experience in winning auto accident injury cases
- A ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee
- An outstanding 99% success rate
- Accessibility and communication – we want to keep you in the loop
- Trial lawyers who will fight for you in court if a settlement cannot be agreed
- Extensive knowledge of the Long Beach area and its court system
If we don’t win your case, we will not be paid. Contact us now to find out more about how Bisnar Chase can help you.
Free Consultation with Bisnar Chase
Bisnar Chase has been winning injury cases across California since 1978. We are passionate about helping people, especially those who have been impacted by a life-altering injury.
Our attorneys have helped more than 12,000 clients, collecting more than $650 million in injury compensation. We have handled countless cases for victims in Long Beach, but also cover truck accidents in Riverside, truck crashes in San Bernardino, and truck wrecks across Orange County.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
6701 Center Drive West, 14th Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90045