Long Beach Slip and Fall Attorneys
Most people think of themselves as steady on their feet. But slip and fall accidents can leave people of all ages with serious injuries – often through no fault of their own. If you or a loved one have suffered an injury due to a fall, contact the expert Long Beach slip and fall lawyers of Bisnar Chase for help.
Victims of slip and fall accidents caused by the negligence of another party might be entitled to compensation. Whether you slipped in a grocery store or tripped on a broken step, our top-rated attorneys can support you in your fight for justice. We offer a ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee, and have a 99% success rate.
Contact Bisnar Chase now! Dial (323) 238-4683 or use the buttons below to arrange a free consultation with one of our skilled Long Beach slip and fall attorneys.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Long Beach, CA
Our Long Beach slip and fall accident lawyers have handled injury cases with a wide range of different causes. These are just some of the leading causes of accidents involving slipping or tripping:
When a floor is wet or slick, it is particularly dangerous. Floors can be especially hazardous if a liquid has been spilled, if they have been recently mopped, or if the surface has been waxed.
Broken or Uneven Surfacing
If a flooring surface is allowed to fall into disrepair, it can carry a significant risk. Examples include broken sidewalk paving slabs or parking lot potholes.
Loose Indoor Flooring
Loose flooring causes many people to trip and fall. Broken floorboards, cracked tiles, and loose rugs or mats can lead to serious accidents and injuries.
Stairs can be dangerous at the best of times. But some acts of negligence can make the trip risk greater. Typical stair issues include loose or broken steps, broken or nonexistent handrails, and loose carpeting.
Underfoot Blockages or Trip Hazards
Unexpected objects and debris left underfoot can lead to severe injuries. Loose objects of any kind which are left on the ground – from tools to toys, and everything in between – can be dangerous, as can open drawers and wires, cables, and cords running across walkways.
In some cases, other acts of negligence might make slip and fall hazards worse. An example might be a lack of adequate lighting, making it impossible to see or identify a dangerous situation.
If you have fallen due to the negligence of a person or company, a Long Beach slip and fall lawyer at Bisnar Chase can help you secure compensation for your injuries.
Common Slip and Fall Injury Locations
A slip and fall accident can happen anywhere. However, you can only take legal action with a premises liability lawyer if negligence was involved. This usually means that the fall accident happened on property owned or managed by another person or company.
Common locations for slip and fall cases include:
- The workplace – office building or alternate work environment
- Grocery store, retail unit, or shopping mall
- Private home
- Theaters, sports stadiums, and similar venues
- Parks, parking lots, sidewalks and other public areas
- Amusement Parks
If you have suffered an injury due to dangerous conditions at one of these locations, contact us now. Our Long Beach slip and fall injury lawyers have handled countless cases and have an outstanding track record.
Long Beach Slip and Falls – Who is Liable?
If a victim has been injured in a slip and fall accident in Long Beach, a lawsuit can be filed against negligent parties. If somebody’s actions – or lack of action – contributed to the accident, they might be liable.
In most slip and fall cases, the property owner or manager will be liable, as they should be providing a safe environment. California slip and fall laws state that the owner and/or manager is to blame when:
- Their actions directly caused the accident
- They fail to take action to fix a problem which they know about
- They should have known about the problem but did not
Example: Premises owner spills a liquid which causes a slip accident.
Example: A grocery store manager is informed about a spillage in an aisle, but forgets to ask an employee to clean it up or put a warning sign out, and a customer slips and falls.
Example: An apartment building owner does not fix a broken stairway, even though the damage occurred several months ago, creating a risk of someone tripping and falling.
In all slip and fall cases, liability is only a factor if the owner or manager could reasonably have been expected to act. For instance, if a person slips on a grocery store spillage 30 seconds after the spill occurred – before it has been reported – there is no negligence.
A victim’s lack of care may be taken into account. But if negligence was involved, the victim should explore filing a lawsuit with the help of a specialist Long Beach injury attorney.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident in Long Beach
After suffering an injury, slip and fall accident victims should take the following steps to protect themselves and ensure their own safety, as well as maximizing their chances of lawsuit success.
- Medical Attention. Seek treatment if required. The level of medical attention needed will depend completely on the severity of your injuries. A high-impact fall injury can be serious, ranging from broken bones and back injuries to brain damage, spinal cord issues and parlysis. If your injuries are serious, someone should call 911 immediately.
- Assess the Scene. Determine the cause of your slip and fall accident. Talk to witnesses, take statements and contact details from anyone who saw the incident, and take photographs. Any evidence you can collect will help us build a stronger case.
- Make a Report. Make an official report or complaint to the owner or manager of the premises. This could be a grocery store manager, a work supervisor, or an apartment complex owner, depending on where the accident occurs. Make sure to mention every detail of the incident from your point of view.
- Contact a Slip and Fall Attorney. An experienced lawyer will provide the support and legal expertise that you need to win your case. Contact a Long Beach slip and fall attorney at Bisnar Chase as soon as possible after your accident.
Slip and Fall Statistics
How common are slip/trip-and-fall accidents? Find out here:
- There are more than 8 million hospital visits every year in the U.S. due to fall accidents
- Falls are the top cause of worker’s comp claims – causing nearly 700 deaths and 48,000 workplace injuries in 2016
- A huge 20% of falls result in major injuries – ranging from head injuries to broken bones
- Annual fall-related medical costs top $50 billion in the U.S.
- One in three people aged 65+ suffers injury in a slip and fall accident every year
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Slip and Fall?
If you have suffered a fall injury, you may be trying to decide whether to hire a lawyer or fight for compensation on your own. We firmly believe that working with a skilled attorney gives you a much greater chance of success.
When it comes to slip and fall lawsuits, success is not solely gaged by whether you receive a payout for your injuries. It can also come down to the lawsuit settlement amount.
Insurance companies are tough negotiators. Agents are not looking to do you any favors – they want to settle your case for as little as possible. Working with the Long Beach slip and fall lawyers of Bisnar Chase will ensure you are not bullied. Our expert negotiators pride themselves on getting the maximum compensation possible.
Finding the Best Long Beach Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me
There are several key factors that you should look for when identifying the best slip and fall lawyers in Long Beach for your case.
- Personal injury attorneys with a wealth of experience
- A top success rate in injury cases
- Extensive knowledge of the Long Beach area, including the court system
- Trial lawyers who will fight for you in court if a fair settlement cannot be reached
The law firm of Bisnar Chase fulfills these criteria. Our Long Beach personal injury lawyers have been in business since 1978, and have built up a 99% success rate. We take pride in serving clients in and around the 90805 area, across Los Angeles County and throughout Southern California. We will fight to win the compensatory slip and fall payout that you deserve!
Brian Chase, Senior Partner:
“When you hire Bisnar Chase for your slip and fall case, you know you're hiring a team of committed professionals to fight on your behalf. We will get justice for you - that's what we do.”
Slip and Fall FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Consult our FAQs for more information on Long Beach slip and fall lawsuits:
The statute of limitations for a slip and fall accident in California is usually two years. This means that you have two years from the date the accident occurred to file a lawsuit.
Every slip and fall case varies hugely. Any settlement or verdict will depend on a range of factors, such as the severity of any injuries, the cause of the accident and the level of negligence involved, as well as any medical costs, lost wages and lasting impact.
Bisnar Chase works on contingency, offering a ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee to clients. This means that all the costs required to win your case will be advanced. You will not pay a penny upfront, and we will only be paid a pre-agreed percentage if we win your case. This protects the client and makes sure everyone can afford to fight for justice.
You can contact us by phone or email by using contact details on this web page. When you contact us, we will provide a free case review to outline your legal options before moving forward. This is an obligation-free consultation, providing support and legal advice. We will only proceed if both parties decide it is a good fit.
For more information, check out our slip and fall infographic.
Top-Rated Personal Injury Lawyers
Contact Bisnar Chase now for superior representation in your injury case. We have an outstanding track record, and our Long Beach slip and fall attorneys are passionate about securing justice for their clients.
We also believe in providing comprehensive support with a personal touch. Injury victims are often unsure where to turn after an accident, but our law firm is here to provide the help and guidance they need.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
6701 Center Drive West, 14th Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90045