Long Beach Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Long Beach is a busy and bustling city, with a huge number of people walking its streets every day. But pedestrians can be vulnerable. A pedestrian accident – whether it involves a collision with a car, a truck, or a cyclist – can leave the victim in severe pain and cause life-threatening injuries. If you have been hurt, contact an expert Long Beach pedestrian accident lawyer at Bisnar Chase.
Pedestrian accidents happen every day in Long Beach. With so many attractions, hotspots, and busy downtown areas, it is perhaps to be expected. But victims can turn to our law firm for help. If you have been injured due to the negligence of another person, we are here to provide the support and legal expertise that you need to take action.
Contact a specialist Long Beach pedestrian accident attorney now! Call (323) 238-4683, or click below to contact us and arrange a free consultation.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents in Long Beach, CA
A pedestrian accident involves someone on foot being injured by another force. In the vast majority of pedestrian accident cases, a person will be hit by a car, truck, motorcycle or bicycle. Rarer instances might see a pedestrian hit by a train or injured by a scooter.
These are some of the most common types and causes of pedestrian accidents in and around the 90805 Long Beach area:
If a negligent driver is not paying proper attention, there is a greatly elevated chance of a pedestrian accident occurring. For instance, if a driver is texting, talking, or eating, it could prevent them from seeing a pedestrian using a crosswalk and lead to a car vs. pedestrian accident.
When a driver of a car or truck is speeding, they have less time to react if they see a pedestrian in the street. Increased speed also leads to a greater force of collision, and can result in serious injuries or a pedestrian fatality. This is a clear case of driver negligence.
Another leading cause of pedestrian accidents is a vehicle making an improper turn. For instance, a driver might turn right on a red light, or turn left at an intersection, without realizing that people with a walk sign are crossing the street. This can result in a pedestrian accident lawsuit.
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs will make any type of crash far more likely. It reduces reaction time and impairs judgment. This can have serious consequences for unsuspecting pedestrians.
Pedestrian At-Fault Incidents
It is not always an at-fault driver who causes a pedestrian crash in Long Beach. In some cases, the actions of the pedestrian will play a role in an accident. This might involve a person darting out in front of a car, stepping in front of a bicycle rider on a cycle path, or trying to run across a train line with a train approaching.
When a vehicle is reversing, the driver’s visibility is greatly reduced. While new technology such as back-up cameras and proximity alarms help avoid some reversing accidents, a large number of pedestrian injuries still occur in parking lots and driveways due to reversing vehicles.
No matter how an injury occurs, our Long Beach pedestrian accident lawyers can provide the help you need.
Pedestrian Accident Danger Areas in Long Beach, CA
A pedestrian accident could happen anywhere. However, our Long Beach pedestrian accident attorneys do see trends in typical accident locations. They are more likely to occur in highly populated pedestrian areas.
In Long Beach, there are busy pedestrian areas that provide serious accident risks if drivers are not paying attention. The downtown areas near the waterfront, including areas around the Convention Center, the Aquarium of the Pacific, and round by the Queen Mary are often busy.
Foot traffic studies have shown Pine Avenue, Promenade, Ocean Boulevard, Broadway, Linden Avenue, and 5th Street to be very busy for walkers.
In addition to the major pedestrian areas, streets such as Cherry Avenue, 7th Street, Redondo Avenue and Pacific Coast Highway are listed among the most dangerous for car accidents and crashes.
Injured in a Pedestrian Crash – What Do I Do?
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Long Beach, there are several steps you should take to ensure your own safety and aid your fight for compensation and justice.
- Safety First. If you have been the victim of a pedestrian accident, get out of harm’s way and seek medical attention if necessary. Contacting a pedestrian accident lawyer in Long Beach can wait – your safety is paramount.
- Call the Police. Involve the authorities and make sure the incident is recorded in an official police report. A copy of the report can be requested at a later date to add to your evidence.
- Collect Evidence. Depending on your injuries, you may be able to start doing so at the time of the crash. Take pictures of the scene, your injuries, and any property damage. Talk to witnesses and take statements and contact details. If your injuries are serious, you could ask someone else to do this. Write down a personal account of the incident.
- Contact a Bisnar Chase Attorney. Our experienced Long Beach personal injury lawyers will provide a free case review and legal advice. We can guide you through every step of the legal process and give you the best chance possible of winning the compensation you deserve.
Pedestrian Accidents – What is the Law in California?
California traffic laws are not always straightforward when it comes to pedestrian accidents in Long Beach. However, the following rules can provide some guidance:
- Drivers should always yield to pedestrians at intersections and crosswalks
- A pedestrian may share some fault if they enter a crosswalk at the wrong time
- Vehicles are not allowed to drive on sidewalks unless they are entering or exiting a drive or alley
- Pedestrians are allowed to cross streets at unmarked points, but must show the proper care
- Even if a pedestrian shares some fault, they could still pursue a lawsuit under California’s comparative negligence laws
How Will a Long Beach Pedestrian Accident Attorney Help Me?
A top-rated Long Beach pedestrian accident lawyer will provide a comprehensive service to take the pressure off the injured victim and allow them to recover while their case is handled.
At Bisnar Chase, our expert attorneys will start by offering a free consultation. They will help clients explore their options and make sure they are fully informed on all aspects of the legal process. If both sides decide it is a good fit, our attorneys can begin fighting for you.
Many cases are decided through a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company. We are expert negotiators, experienced in taking on the toughest insurance adjusters, and will fight for the maximum possible pedestrian accident compensation.
It is important to remember that insurance firms will work to keep your payout as low as possible. Adjusters are working for their firm, not for you. In some cases, this may mean that a fair settlement cannot be reached. When that happens, our tough trial attorneys will not hesitate to battle for your rights in court.
The best pedestrian accident lawyers in Long Beach will offer a ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee to clients. This ensures that all costs necessary to win your case are advanced, preventing clients from having to pay out-of-pocket costs. If we don’t win your case, you will not owe us a dime.
California Pedestrian Accident Statistics
The number of pedestrian injuries and fatalities is rising all the time in California. These are just some of the scary statistics:
- Nearly 6,000 pedestrians are killed in traffic crashes across the U.S. every year
- There has been a shocking 38% rise in pedestrian accidents in California since 2008
- California had the most pedestrian deaths of any state from 2008-2017 (7,127), with the 16th-highest average per population
- 22% of all vehicle-related deaths in California involve pedestrians
- A fatal pedestrian traffic accident happens every 46 minutes in the United States on average
If you or a loved one have been impacted or suffered an injury, contact a Long Beach pedestrian accident attorney now.
Compensation for a Long Beach Pedestrian Accident
Pedestrian accident victims in Long Beach can suffer very serious injuries, due to the nature of these accidents. Victims are almost always hit with great force due to the size, speed, and weight of the vehicles involved.
Common injuries can include broken bones, head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, muscle tears, internal injuries, and spinal damage. A fatal pedestrian accident can also easily occur when a person is hit by a truck or car, or hit by a motorcycle.
Most people want to know how much compensation they can expect from a pedestrian accident lawsuit. Average settlements for pedestrians hit by a car can vary hugely based on the circumstances of the case. Varying factors include:
- The severity of the victim’s injuries
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Level of pain and suffering
- Lost ability to work
- Rehab costs
- Reduced quality of life
Working with the Long Beach pedestrian accident lawyers of Bisnar Chase will give victims the best chance of success. Our attorneys will fight for the maximum amount of compensation possible for your case.
Bisnar Chase – Top-Rated Injury Lawyers
Our Long Beach injury attorneys excel at securing great results while offering a compassionate and personal service tailored to our clients.
At Bisnar Chase, we believe in offering superior representation. We have been in business for more than 40 years, maintaining a 96% success rate over that time. We have also recovered more than $500 million for our clients, helping to make them whole for the injuries and trauma they have endured.
We take pride in serving the community of Long Beach, in and around the 90805 zip code, across Los Angeles County, and throughout Southern California. Trust us to fight for you.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
6701 Center Drive West, 14th Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90045