Long Beach Bicycle Accident Attorneys
The Long Beach bicycle accident lawyers of Bisnar Chase are here to help victims who have suffered injuries while cycling. If you have endured a bike crash due to another person’s negligence, we can help.
Cycling in Long Beach can be extremely dangerous. Riders are vulnerable – especially on the roads – even if they are in a dedicated bike lane. A collision with a larger vehicle, such as a car or truck, could leave a cyclist suffering serious injuries.
If you are hurt while cycling, call Bisnar Chase. Our law firm specializes in personal injury cases in Long Beach. We take pride in offering expert advice and representation with a personal touch. Our results speak for themselves – we have a 99% success rate and have collected more than $650 million for our clients.
Call or email us using the buttons below to arrange a free consultation with no obligations. For immediate help, dial (323) 238-4683, or click the phone button below if you are using a mobile device.
Cycling Dangers in Southern California
More than 100 million Americans ride their bikes every year in the U.S. Bicycles are increasingly being used as a means of cheap and eco-friendly transport, with people riding to school or work. You also see plenty of people riding their bikes for fun, especially in the busy waterfront areas of Long Beach. But cycling is not without dangers.
Cycling laws in Long Beach ban bicycles from certain pedestrian areas, while some areas have cycling speed limits and other rules. Even so, biking accidents can happen. Sudden obstructions, trip hazards, potholes, and broken paving stones can all result in injuries and a Long Beach bicycle accident lawsuit.
The roads are even more dangerous. Drivers often fail to see cyclists, misjudge their speed, or fail to respect a bike’s position on the road. Collisions between bicycles and motor vehicles rarely end well for the cyclist.
Anyone who has suffered an injury should contact us today for expert legal advice from a bicycle accident lawyer in Long Beach.
The Most Common Cyclist Accidents in Long Beach, CA
These are just some of the most common bike accidents which end in cyclist injuries:
- Driver turning right in front of a cyclist
- A vehicle door being opened at the side of a street, creating a sudden obstruction for the cyclist
- Car driver or cyclist fails to give way or stop at a stop sign, or runs a red light
- Roadway issues, such as potholes, debris, and overgrown foliage at the side of the road
- Vehicles not giving cyclists enough space when passing, causing a collision
- Drivers turning left at an intersection when they do not have a dedicated turn light and failing to see an oncoming cyclist coming from the other direction
- A collision caused by poor visibility. Such as a car crashing into a cyclist who was on the road without lights at night
- Distracted driving, drunk driving, or reckless driving
Our Long Beach bike accident attorneys have seen and handled all kinds of injury cases and can offer cyclists the support they need to take legal action after a crash.
Bicycle Accident Injuries
Cycling accident injuries suffered in Long Beach might be caused by an initial collision between a vehicle and a cyclist, or the impact of the cyclist being thrown onto a hard surface.
These are just some of the common injuries that might be suffered in a cycling accident:
- Cuts, scrapes and bruises
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Strained and torn muscles
- Head injuries
- Emotional trauma
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Bike accident victims are likely to be left in significant pain after a collision. Anyone who has been hurt in a bicycle accident should seek medical attention. Once you are out of danger, it is time to consider hiring a Long Beach bike crash lawyer.
Bicycle Accident Statistics
National bicycle accident statistics show how many people are hurt or killed each year while riding their bikes.
- There were more than 45,000 bicycle accidents reported across the U.S. in 2015
- 783 riders were killed in crashes with motor vehicles in 2017
- The number of pedestrian and cyclist deaths has increased by more than 30% since 2008
- The average age of cyclists killed in road crashes is 47 – indicating it is not just inexperienced cyclists who are in danger
- 75% of all bike accidents happen in urban areas with more traffic
- California has the fourth-highest cyclist fatality rate per population in the U.S.
Cycling Safety – How to Avoid Accidents
Some bicycle accidents are caused by negligent drivers and cannot reasonably be avoided by the cycling crash victim. A cyclist will always be vulnerable when on the road with a dangerous driver. But there are some steps which can be taken to minimize a person's injury and accident risk.
- Wear a helmet
- Use lights and reflectors to make sure you are always visible
- Ride on the right side of the road, in the same direction as traffic
- Use hand signals when turning
- Be predictable
- Only cycle where permitted
Observing these laws and guidelines will reduce the risk of a cyclist being hurt in an accident, but will not stop every incident.
If the worst still happens, contact a Long Beach bicycle injury lawyer for immediate help.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
There are several steps a victim should take if they have been involved in a bike accident.
If you have been hurt, following these steps will protect your wellbeing and help you take swift legal action with the help of a bike accident attorney.
- Contact the police. Immediately after an accident, victims should call the police and wait for them to arrive. Make sure your account of events is recorded in the police report.
- Secure witness and offender information. Take down as many details as possible for the at-fault party, such as their name, address, license number and vehicle plates. Get statements and contact details from anyone who witnessed the crash.
- Document the accident. As soon as you can, write down everything you can remember about your bicycle crash, from the traffic conditions to the weather, as well as how the accident happened. It is also helpful to take pictures of the scene and any damage caused.
- Seek medical attention. For serious injuries, this should be your first concern. For less critical injuries, you should visit a doctor and request medical records relating to the injuries. You should also take pictures documenting your injuries.
- Contact Bisnar Chase. For a free consultation and guidance on how to proceed with a bike accident injury or damage claim, contact our Long Beach personal injury lawyers.
Bicycle Accident FAQS – Frequently Asked Questions
Read our frequently asked bicycle accident questions below. For more information, contact Bisnar Chase now!
If you were injured in a bicycle accident caused by the negligence of another party, it is likely that you will be able to take legal action. If you are unsure whether you have a case, contact a Long Beach bicycle accident lawyer for guidance.
It is always best to contact an attorney first. The insurance company will try to minimize your claim, and working with a bicycle accident lawyer will give you a better chance of success. If you speak to an insurance adjuster first, do not give any more details than absolutely necessary before contacting a lawyer.
Compensation varies from case to case. It will depend on a variety of factors, including: the severity of the injury, the level of pain and suffering endured, lost wages or impacted ability to work, medical expenses, rehab costs, emotional trauma suffered, and more.
Under California law, adults aged 18+ are not required to wear a helmet while cycling. The lack of a helmet will not have any impact on your ability to file a bicycle accident injury lawsuit. However, wearing a helmet is strongly recommended for your own safety.
You may still be able to take legal action if no one else was directly involved in the accident. It will depend on whether any form of negligence was involved in causing the injury. Contact a bicycle accident attorney for guidance on your specific situation.
How to Find the Best California Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Finding the best bike accident attorney to work on your case is important. You need a firm that you can trust to be efficient and get results. It is important to build a trusting attorney-client relationship.
These are just some of the factors you should look for in the best Long Beach bicycle accident attorneys:
- A firm with longevity and a great track record
- Lawyers who have handled similar cases with good results
- A law firm which offers a ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee
- Trial lawyers who are excellent at negotiating settlements with opposing legal teams and insurance companies, but can take a case to court when needed
- Long Beach personal injury attorneys, specializing in the cases of people in and around the 90805 area, and throughout Los Angeles County
- Good communicators who keep you informed and are easy to contact
Superior Representation with Bisnar Chase
Every member of Bisnar Chase takes pride in helping injury victims secure the justice and compensation they deserve.
The amount of bicycle accident injury compensation a victim can expect varies from case to case. It depends on many factors, such as the severity of the injuries and the victim’s medical expenses. Our law firm excels in securing the maximum compensation possible for Long Beach bike accident victims.
We also offer a ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee ensuring victims do not face any up-front fees. If we do not win your bicycle accident case, you owe nothing. Combine this with our 99% success rate, and the $500+ million we have collected for our clients, and we believe our results speak for themselves.
At Bisnar Chase, we are passionate about helping those who have been injured, and are ready to fight for you.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
6701 Center Drive West, 14th Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90045