Lake Forest Personal Injury Attorneys
The steps you take immediately following a Lake Forest car accident may affect your ability to receive fair compensation for your losses. If you are incapacitated or unable to gather information from the crash site, you will still be able to pursue compensation. But individuals who are able to obtain at least some information or evidence from the scene of the crash may simply have an easier time getting the support they need. Whether you are hurt in a car accident or some other type of incident, an experienced Lake Forest personal injury lawyer can help you take the necessary steps to obtain the compensation you need and rightfully deserve.
Most Dangerous Intersection in Lake Forest**
Last 5 Years:
- 57 Accidents
- 41 Injuries
- 0 Deaths
City of Lake Forest
- Population: 79312
- Avg Annual Auto Injuries per 1,000: 4
- Lake Forest Crime Index* 97.2
Nearby Cities Crime Indices*:
- Mission Viejo: 70
- Laguna Hills: 119.1
- Laguna Woods: 54.2
- Aliso Viejo: 47.5
More Unsafe Intersections in Lake Forest**
- Accidents: 52
- Injuries: 29
- Deaths: 1
- Accidents: 54
- Injuries: 30
- Deaths: 0
- Accidents: 77
- Injuries: 22
- Deaths: 0
Contacting the Authorities
If you or anyone else has suffered an injury, you are legally required to contact the authorities. It will be in your best interest to get your side of the story in the police report. If an officer does not arrive at the crash site, you can file a report at the station the next day. Having a police report that supports your recollection of the crash can help bolster your claim. This is true even in other types of injury incidents. For example, if your loved one has been injured as a result of nursing home abuse or negligence, it is important that you file a complaint with the administrators first. Doing so creates a record and leaves a paper trail.
Here is just some of the information you would be well advised to obtain in any personal injury incident especially in car accident cases:
- Contact information: You will want the phone number, driver’s license number and license plate number from any other drivers involved.
- Witnesses: If anyone witnessed the crash or the incident in question (besides a friend of yours), it would be a great idea to get it so you have an objective party to corroborate your account.
- Details: Write down the exact time and location of the incident.
- Take photos: Does your cell phone have the ability to take quality photos? If not, you should keep a disposable camera in your vehicle. It helps to have photos of the crash site or images showing your injuries. Take photos of the damage to the vehicles, skid marks, the positioning of the vehicles or debris left on the roadway. You may want to include the license plate numbers of the other vehicles involved in case you lose your notes.
- Take notes: As time passes, your recollection of how the incident occurred may become clouded. It can help to have the specifics of the crash in written form. Be specific. Refer to these notes any time you discuss your case with an insurance company or attorney.
Seek Immediate Medical Attention
There are a number of reasons why it is in your best interest to see a doctor right away following an accident. Many injuries such as whiplash and other back and neck injuries can get progressively worse over time if not properly diagnosed and treated. Head injuries and internal injuries may take time to fully manifest as well. Getting prompt diagnosis and treatment for your injuries will greatly increase your chances of a speedy and full recovery. Medical records can be used in court to prove the severity of your injuries as well. Remember never to allow insurance companies or other parties (other than your attorney) access to your medical records. Always be aware of what you are signing or agreeing to.
Contacting a skilled Lake Forest Personal Injury Attorney
The objective of insurance companies is to protect their shareholders. They will take every opportunity possible to deny a claim or offer an inadequate settlement. It may not be in your best interest to face an insurance company alone. The experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys have more than three decades of experience fighting insurance companies and holding wrongdoers accountable. We will remain on your side, fight for your rights and help ensure that you receive just compensation for your losses.
The steps you take immediately following a car accident may affect your ability to receive fair compensation for your losses. If you are incapacitated or unable to gather information from the crash site, you will still be able to pursue compensation. But individuals who are able to obtain at least some information or evidence from the scene of the crash may simply have an easier time getting the support they need. Whether you are hurt in a car accident or some other type of incident, an experienced Lake Forest personal injury lawyer can help you take the necessary steps to obtain the compensation you need and rightfully deserve.