Laguna Niguel Truck Accident Lawyer
Dealing with trucking firms, insurance companies and aggressive defense attorneys may be unavoidable after a serious truck accident. If you have suffered from severe injuries after a catastrophic truck collision contact the Laguna Niguel Truck Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase.
Immediately after a truck accident, injured victims should focus on getting much-needed medical attention and the treatment required for a full recovery. Our Laguna Niguel truck accident attorneys have been helping people who suffered from a devastating personal injury for over 40 years.
The Law Firm of Bisnar Chase has held a 96% success rate in winning millions of dollars in compensation for your injuries.
Call 949-203-3814 for a free consultation.
Important Steps to Take after a Truck Accident
The first few minutes after an accident can be chaotic and frightening, to say the least. Although it may be traumatizing you must remain calm and be alert in order to handle for the situation to the best of your ability. There are steps that you must take after an accident to not only protect yourself physically but also legally.
Make sure all involved in the accident are safe: If you are in a lot of pain, it may be in your best interest to stay where you are and wait for the authorities and emergency personnel to arrive on the scene. Do not move the injured victim. If the accident victim is moved it may be more harm than help. Ideally, you can have a friend or witness collect the data you need after the accident if you are physically incapable of doing so.
Collect the information you need to file a personal injury claim: Information that you need to obtain after a big-rig accident includes the name of the truck driver, his or her driver’s license number, the license plate information and the company for whom he/she works for and the trucking company's insurance provider. Additional information that can tremendously help your truck accident case may be the exact time, location of the crash how the accident occurred, how fast you were going and how fast you think the truck was going. You should also contact any witnesses to collect an outside perspective of how the accident occurred.
Gather physical evidence from the truck collision: Photographs showing the accident scene, position of the vehicles, damage to the vehicles, skid marks and injuries are valuable for your injury case. Photographs provide clues for investigators on what exactly took place. This can also provide proof that the driver was negligent when operating the truck. Experts say that if you do not have your phone on you to take pictures, keep a disposable camera in your glove compartment.
Hire a Laguna Niguel truck accident attorney: A truck accident lawyer will be able to provide more details regarding your situation, and where to go next to figure out the best legal path for recovery. Bisnar Chase has been representing clients who have been involved in tragic accidents for over 40 years. Our injury attorneys can win you the compensation you need such as medical bills, after-care or lost wages. Call the Orange County of Bisnar Chase today for a free case-analysis at 949-203-3814.
5 Common Truck Accident Injuries in Laguna Niguel
Injured victims must obtain prompt medical attention in order to maximize their chances of a full recovery. Seeking medical attention also creates a medical record. If you have suffered from serious injuries, it would also be a good idea to journal what you are going through as well. Some of your experiences that should be documented include the activities you are unable to perform after the accident such as working or simply just walking. Think about how the accident has affected your quality of life.
Below are the top five most common injuries that victims after a truck accident.
- Broken bones: Some bones that are commonly damaged during a truck accident include the femur and the ribs. The femur is one of the most durable bones in the body and is in the thigh. If there is a strong impact to the thigh this can shatter the femur potentially leaving a person unable to walk for months. Ribs that are fractured in a collision usually are from the airbags that combusted during the accident. Ribs that are obstructed can pose an extreme threat to the cardiovascular system.
- Lacerations: A laceration is when a sharp object tears through the tissue. When an auto accident takes place there is a high chance that broken glass or metal that is exposed can tear through the epidermis. The procedures for superficial lacerations may include stitches or staples to close the wound. Deep cuts that are a result of a truck collision may be permanent. Many either stay with scars for life or may need cosmetic surgery to fix their facial structure. If a cut is deep enough though, people can lose an extensive amount of blood that can cause a person to go into shock.
- Traumatic head injuries: An estimated 15% of people who experience a traumatic head injury will have to live the rest of their life with intense side-effects. Effects can include anger outbursts, suicidal thoughts or some may lose the ability to perform everyday tasks such as changing out of clothes. If a person has hit their head hard during the accident, they can form a hematoma, the brain can swell leading to permanent brain damage or suffer from a wrongful death.
- Neck injuries: In catastrophic truck accidents, the neck being tainted can damage the spinal cord greatly. One of the most common neck injuries sustained in a collision is a whiplash injury. Whiplash is defined as the neck suddenly jolting back and forth quickly. Whiplash can cause the discs or joints of the spinal cord to be severely damaged. Truck accident victims have a 24-hour window to obtain treatment before the neck injury worsens. If you experience symptoms such as stuffiness, tingling, dizziness or numbness seek medical attention right away.
- Paralysis: The central part of the nervous system is in the spinal cord. If the nerves in the spine are compromised this can lead to a person being partially or completely paralyzed. Even if the spinal cord injury does seem minor at first, later the injury can lead to paralysis. Any type of fracture or dislocation can affect a person’s inability to be mobile. Victims who have become paralyzed after a serious truck accident may need months of intense physical therapy or round-the-clock care for the rest of their lives.
Hiring a Laguna Niguel Truck Accident Lawyer
If you have suffered a serious injury in a truck crash, it is important that you retain the services of an experienced Laguna Niguel Truck Accident Lawyer. Timing is very important because, in a large truck accident case, insurers and attorneys for the trucking firm get to work right away. Some of these corporations can have their people get to the crash scene within minutes to gather the evidence they need to protect their best interests.
Victims need a skilled lawyer on their side who is fighting for their rights and looking out for their best interests.
The experienced Laguna Niguel truck accident attorneys at Bisnar Chase have a long and successful track record of representing personal injury cases for over four decades.
Please contact the law offices of Bisnar Chase at 949-203-3814 for a free, comprehensive and confidential consultation.