Laguna Niguel Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
If you are the victim of a pedestrian accident or you have a child who has been a victim, talk to the Laguna Niguel Pedestrian Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase.
Bisnar Chase has been representing clients who have been severely injured by someone else's carelessness for over 40 years. We believe that you should not have to pay out-of-pocket for a personal injury that was not your fault.
Our legal representation has sustained a 99% success rate and has also won pedestrian accident victims millions of dollars in compensation.
Contact the Law Firm of Bisnar Chase today and earn a free consultation.
Call 949-203-3814 to explore your rights as a pedestrian accident victim.
How Can a Laguna Niguel Pedestrian Accident Occur?
Pedestrian accidents can occur at any time or any location. Many accidents can be prevented, but for drivers who did not take precautions to prevent the accident, should be held accountable for their negligence. Pedestrians who were injured in an accident can be in the hospital for months and accumulate a hefty amount of medical bills.
How do pedestrian collisions occur though?
Pedestrian accidents happen due to:
- Crosswalks not being visible: When pedestrians cross the street, they are required to cross the street on a visibly marked pathway. If a motorist is speeding and does not see and yield to the crosswalk they may crash into the pedestrian. Liability for a pedestrian accident can fall on either a driver, government, city or state entity.
- Pedestrian Safety is compromised more at night: Walkers who cross the street at night have an increased probability of being hit by a car. According to NHSTA, most pedestrians who had been killed by a driver were between the times of 6 P.M.- 9 P.M. Car lights shine only 160 feet ahead of the vehicle. This may seem like there would be enough light to spot a walker, but if a driver cannot spot a pedestrian on time it can lead to serious injuries. Night runners or walkers are advised to wear bright colors or reflective gear to signal their presence to drivers.
- Alcohol-use: Being under the influence of any drug while operating a vehicle is illegal. In one year, over 1.4 million motorists were arrested for driving drunk. Making the choice to drive while you are drunk is considered negligent and most importantly dangerous. If a drunk driver kills a pedestrian due to driving under the influence, then the surviving family members of the victim can file a wrongful death claim. Drunk driving can not only cost you a multitude of money, but it can also cost you jail time.
- Dangerous weather conditions: It can be difficult for drivers to see during heavy rain or heavy snowfall. Hazardous weather events can impact roads tremendously. In a study conducted by the Federal Highway Administration, it has been reported that over 556,151 accidents had occurred due to heavy rainfall. Drivers must remain extra cautious during the rainy season because of the mixture of the water, oil and other car substances causing the road to be extra slippery.
- Drivers not paying attention to the road: There are times where pedestrians do not adhere to the rules and regulations of the road. Drivers are to be extra attentive due to people spontaneously crossing the street or jaywalking. The best way to assure that you will not hit a pedestrian is by not being distracted while driving. Distracted driving has contributed to over 3,450 people being killed (NHSTA). Remember that being on your phone is not the only way to drive distracted. Eating or merely changing the radio station can be considered inattentive driving as well.
Pedestrian Victims are More Likely to Be Children & Elders
The statistics on all pedestrian accident deaths and injuries are frightening, but the numbers regarding child victims of pedestrian accidents are especially disturbing. Laguna Niguel pedestrian accident lawyers represent both adults and children who are the victims of pedestrian accidents. Children represent about ten percent of all pedestrian accident deaths and injuries; however, the children who are hurt or killed in pedestrian accidents tend to fall into very specific groups.
Child pedestrian deaths are far more common in the late afternoon, according to Safe Kids. Almost half of all child pedestrian deaths take place between 4:00 and 8:00 p.m., the hours after school lets out but before children are called in for the evening. During these times, children are far more likely to be playing on the streets, so the sheer number of potential victims goes up. This also coincides with the time that many people are returning home from work, so there is a higher number of people in a hurry to get home and perhaps not paying close attention to children playing in or around the streets.
Without a responsible adult to represent their interests, juvenile victims of pedestrian accidents could be powerless to recover these damages. When a child does not have parents who are able or willing to help recover the damages, courts can appoint a guardian who will represent the best interests of the child and will talk to attorneys on his or her behalf.
A Southern California personal injury lawyer can help parents get the right legal representation for their children if they are the victims of pedestrian accidents. While a child has no legal “rights” under our system, a parent or guardian, or a person appointed by the court, can file a lawsuit on behalf of a child if he or she has been the victim of a personal injury accident. When a child is injured in a pedestrian accident, he or she is depending on parents or other adults to do the right thing and help recover the damages due for medical bills, living expenses, and other costs.
Injuries that you Can Claim as a Pedestrian Collision Victim
When pedestrians cross the road, they are vulnerable to cars or large semi-trucks. Pedestrians that are involved in car collisions are left with catastrophic injuries and at times the accident can also be fatal. There are common injuries that pedestrians suffer from. Seek medical attention immediately to receive the proper treatment for your injuries.
Soft tissue injuries: Strains, sprains and contusions are classified as soft tissue injuries. Soft tissue injuries are a result of a sudden blow to the body or a fall. Experts say that if you suffer from a soft tissue injury to use the RICE procedure. RICE is an acronym that Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation.
Traumatic brain injury and Concussions: The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reported that over 2.5 million people suffered from a traumatic brain injury in one year. A traumatic head injury is classified as an abrupt blow to the cranium that affects the brain functioning normally. Medical professionals state that even if a brain injury is diagnosed as minor initially does not mean that there will not be complications later. It is important that if you are feeling symptoms such as confusion, anxiety or constant migraines that you seek medical attention right away.
Emotional trauma: Being involved in an accident can be traumatizing. Victims of pedestrian accidents can come out of an incident with anxiety, depression or PTSD. If you have suffered from severe trauma after a pedestrian collision you deserve to have the resources to help you cope with your pain. Counseling and obtaining medication can be costly. The Laguna Pedestrian Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase are here to fight for the compensation you have a right to after your traumatizing experience. Call our law offices today for a free case analysis.
How to Prevent a Pedestrian Collision
Experts say that for the past decades’ pedestrian accidents have continued to increase. What is more alarming is the number of fatalities that have risen in the past years as well. There are ways to avoid being involved in a pedestrian accident though. When you make it a point to be safe you can prevent serious injuries and a multitude of problems thus after.
- Do not speed: Slowing down around pedestrians can increase your chances of avoiding a pedestrian accident. You never know if a walker will cross the street unpermitted. Being aware of your surroundings and going at a steady speed will give you enough time to brake just in case any unpredictable incidents take place
- Make eye contact with pedestrians: Before a pedestrian crosses the street make eye contact with them so you both acknowledge each other’s presence and actions. Eye contact acts as a communicator on whether you or the pedestrian should proceed forward.
- Be especially careful around school zones: Around school zones be extra cautious when driving and always adhere to the crossguards directions. Also, be courteous and patient while driving alongside school buses. School bus drivers have difficulty seeing and may not be able to brake on time if caught off guard.
- Have patience with elderly cross walkers: Senior citizens may proceed slowly into a crosswalk because their body functions may not be up to par. Experts say that when a person reaches 65 years of age, they may also have extreme difficulty with their sight and may not see where they are going. Be patient and allow the elder to take his/her time.
- Do not drive around cars that are slow or completely stopped: There may be a reason why the car in front of you has completely come to a halt. If you proceed around them because you are rushing, you may strike a pedestrian that you did not see before or potentially be involved in a car accident.
Hire a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Laguna Niguel
Determining fault for a crosswalk injury can be complicated. With one of our Laguna Niguel Pedestrian Accident Lawyers, you can win the compensation you deserve as a driver or a pedestrian. Under California Law pedestrians always have the right of way. Drivers who do not abide by this law should be held accountable for their negligence.
The law firm of Bisnar Chase has won over $650 million dollars in compensation for victims who have been left with catastrophic injuries after an accident. A Laguna Niguel pedestrian accident attorney can clearly indicate liability for your accident and get you the compensation you need to recover.
Call The Personal Injury Law Firm of Bisnar Chase today at 949-203-3814.
When you contact us today you will receive a free consultation for your injury case.