La Habra Lawyers
If you have been injured in a La Habra accident, you may be wondering how much compensation is available to cover your injuries and losses. It is not always in a victims best interest to seek compensation through civil litigation. But for those who have suffered serious injuries, it may be their only real option. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, you would be well advised to speak with an experienced La Habra personal injury lawyer who can help you determine the value of your potential claim.
Most Dangerous Intersection in La Habra**
Last 5 Years:
- 103 Accidents
- 93 Injuries
- 1 Deaths
City of La Habra
- Population: 61653
- Avg Annual Auto Injuries per 1,000: 7
- La Habra Crime Index* 141.6
Nearby Cities Crime Indices*:
- La Habra Heights: 85.5
- Brea: 185.6
- Fullerton: 214.7
- La Mirada: 143.6
More Unsafe Intersections in La Habra**
- Accidents: 82
- Injuries: 66
- Deaths: 0
- Accidents: 80
- Injuries: 71
- Deaths: 0
- Accidents: 66
- Injuries: 69
- Deaths: 0
Accident Injury Claims
If you have been injured in an accident, you will have to notify the at-fault partys insurance company. Ideally, you will be offered compensation for all of the losses you have suffered in the accident. Unfortunately, it is common for individuals and insurance companies to deny responsibility for the accident or for an insurance company to offer an inadequate settlement. This is why victims of serious injuries have it in their best interest to have a skilled personal injury lawyer on their side, who will fight to protect their legal rights.
A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can help you file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. A personal injury claim is a form of civil litigation that can result in a settlement either through negotiations or through court proceedings. The victim will have to prove that the defendant was careless and that his or her carelessness or negligence resulted in the injuries and losses that you sustained.
How Much is a Claim Worth?
The value of a claim is directly related to the losses suffered by victims. Therefore, all losses will be considered in the lawsuit. Here are a few examples of damages that may be included in a personal injury claim:
- Medical treatment: All past and future medical bills related to the injuries suffered in the accident should be included in the claim.
- Loss of earnings: If you have lost wages as a result of missing work, you may be able to seek compensation for lost earnings as well. In instances where serious injuries are suffered, compensation may be available for lost future income. In cases where victims suffer lifelong disabilities, compensation may be claimed for loss of livelihood as well.
- Property damage and/or loss: Vehicles and other damaged items may be eligible for reimbursement.
- Pain and suffering: The court will take into consideration your non-financial losses as well. Did you suffer substantial pain because of the accident? Are you still in pain? Have you become stressed or depressed since the accident? Have you experienced a loss in the quality of your life because of your injuries?
- Punitive damages: In cases involving egregious recklessness, compensation may also be available for punitive damages. This is meant to punish the wrongdoer and deter such behavior in the future.
Determining If You Have a Personal Injury Claim
Civil litigation can be complicated and it often takes months or even years of negotiation before a settlement is reached. If you have a suffered an injury and worry that you will not get the compensation you need or rightfully deserve, the best course of action may be to seek the counsel of a skilled La Habra personal injury lawyer.
The best personal injury law firms in La Habra always offer free consultations and comprehensive case evaluations to injured victims and their families. The knowledgeable La Habra personal injury lawyers at Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys have a long and successful track record of protecting victims rights and holding wrongdoers accountable. Please contact us for a free, comprehensive and confidential consultation.