California Brain Trauma Attorneys
If you, a child or other loved one has suffered a serious brain injury please get in touch with our California Brain Trauma Attorneys for a free case review. We do NOT charge a fee until there has been a monetary recovery in our client's case and we advance all costs and expenses. If you or a loved one have suffered a brain injury in California, immediately call an experienced and reputable brain injury attorney. We also represent children with brain injuries. Call 800-561-4887 for a free consultation.
Recent Case Results
- $8,500,000.00 - Motor vehicle accident - wrongful death
- $8,250,000.00 - Premises liability
- $7,998,073.00 - Product liability - motor vehicle accident
- $5,000,000.00 - Auto Defect
- $4,250,000.00 - Product Liability
- $3,075,000.00 - Product defect - motor vehicle accident
- $3,000,000.00 - Dangerous road design - Trolly vs. pedestrian
- $3,000,000.00 - Motorcycle Accident
Superior Client Representation
John Bisnar has always been passionate about law but more than that he is determined to always provide a client experience second to none. John was once injured in a bad car accident and his lawyer was not passionate or compassionate. Mr. Bisnar decided then that his law practice was going to serve the needs of the client first, and always. We've helped over 10,000 people and recovered more than $500 Million for our clients.
Brain Trauma Injuries
One of the most serious of all injuries that we as attorneys see in our practice is an injury to the brain. Often referred to as the "invisible injury", brain injuries are often overlooked by medical professionals, paramedics and even victims. Many times a brain injury does not cause visible symptoms until weeks, months or years after an injury or accident has occurred. The trauma can be lifelong with many complications. A traumatic brain injury can devastate an entire family financially and emotionally.
Each and every day in California and across the nation, the rights of seriously injured and aggrieved people are threatened. At BISNAR CHASE we believe that by championing the rights of our clients, we can help to restore stability to the law and dignity to the lives of injury victims and their families. While brain trauma can be devastating, it doesn't have to be a life sentence. With proper medical and legal care, you can recover dignity and compensation from your injuries.
The Dangers of Head Trauma
A blow to the head can lead to much more than a superficial bump or cut. The brain is particularly vulnerable when the head has suffered a severe trauma. Whether your head strikes an object or an object strikes your head, the force of that blow can damage the cerebral cortex or the deep white matter inside your skull. That strike can bruise the cerebral cortex, or it can cause a whiplash that can lead to a diffuse axonal injury to the deep white tissue.
A brain injury is not always visible to the naked eye. Direct trauma to the head may leave a gash that can penetrate or fracture the skull and possibly the brain.
That same kind of trauma can cause the brain to collide with the skull without breaking the bone itself. Another kind of trauma, indirect trauma, is often associated with the "Shaken Baby Syndrome" because it involves a severe shaking or whiplash that can shake or rotate the brain, damaging the delicate nerve cells inside your head.
Some secondary types of brain injury stemming from non-neurological structure injuries can also be devastating to victims and their families.
What are some of these brain injuries?
Edema: An edema refers to the swelling of the brain that can lead to pressure building up and preventing blood and oxygen from entering the brain.
Hematoma: Hematoma is the collection of blood due to tissue injury or tearing of a blood vessel. Bleeding in the brain after trauma can occur after being released from the emergency room.
Hydrocephalus and hygroma: Hydrocephalus and hygroma are characterized by a collection of fluid in and around the brain.
When you are involved in an accident, it may be very hard for even medical professionals to determine whether or not a brain injury has occurred. The following is a list of common signs of an injury to the brain:
- Loss of consciousness - You lose consciousness to any degree from being dazed for a few seconds to slipping into a coma.
- Post-traumatic amnesia - You experience memory loss of events prior to and following the incident.
- Concussion - Your awareness is altered, and you may feel dizzy, nauseous, disoriented, forgetful, irritable, or depressed.
- Encephalopathy - Your brain is not functioning normally (which may not be a permanent state), and you may be confused, inattentive, or in a stupor.
- Focal neurological signs - You experience recognizable signs that tell your doctor your brain is not functioning one hundred percent.
- Seizure - Your nerve cells function improperly causing you to lose consciousness, fall and convulse.
- Unequal or un-reactive pupils - Your pupils do not respond normally to light.
Passionate Legal Help
Please contact us for free information about how we can help you through the healing process both emotionally and financially. Our highly trained compassionate lawyers and staff will walk you through everything you need to know in establishing a brain trauma claim with our representation. No fee. No pressure. Just honest advice at a difficult time. Call 800-561-4887 now