Fullerton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
According to California Highway Patrol’s 2009 Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), there were no fatalities, but 34 injuries reported as a result of motorcycle accidents in the city of Fullerton. During that same year, there were 17 fatalities and 735 injuries reported due to Orange County motorcycle accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Fullerton motorcycle accident, it is important to contact a Fullerton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer to discuss your options. Also, it is a good idea that you understand the Do’s and Don’ts after a motorcycle accident to make sure that your rights are protected.
What you do immediately following an accident can affect your ability to pursue compensation for your injuries. If you or anyone else has been injured, please call the police right away and remain at the crash site until the authorities arrive. You will want your account of the incident in the police report and it is against the law to leave the scene of an injury accident.
- Document the scene of the accident. If you do not have a camera, or a camera phone, call a friend to arrive at the crash site to take photos. You will want pictures of yourself, your motorcycle and the crash site. Having photos of tire marks, damaged vehicles and injuries can help bolster you case.
- Exchange information. Get the contact information for anyone who may have witnessed the crash. You should also collect insurance details and contact information from any other motorist involved in the crash.
- Seek medical attention. There are a number of reasons why it is in your best interest to see a doctor right away. First and foremost, you chances of having a full recovery are greatly increased when you receive proper diagnosis and treatment immediately following the crash. Medical records can also be used during the claims process as proof of the severity of the injury suffered.
- Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer. Having an experienced Fullerton motorcycle accident lawyer can help you obtain the compensation you need and to hold the negligent parties accountable.
There are a few things that you may think are in your best interest that can actually hurt you during the claim process.
- Don’t rush to call the other driver’s insurance company. Insurance companies often look for reasons to deny claims and rushing to call an insurance company before you are prepared to handle the phone call can be a big mistake. If you are on pain medication following the accident, you shouldn’t call the insurance company. If you have suffered a serious injury, it would be in your best interest to have an attorney call the insurance company for you or at least prepare you for the phone call.
- Don’t fix your motorcycle. You may be anxious to get back to riding or at least to repair your damaged vehicle, but you may be hurting your case. You may be able to claim compensation for property damage in addition to your injuries.
- Don’t rush into a settlement with an insurance company or any other party. Once you sign an agreement, your case is settled or closed. It would be in your best interest to carefully and thoroughly analyze all your current and future losses and then make a claim.
Protecting your Rights
A knowledgeable Fullerton motorcycle accident lawyer will stay abreast of the official investigation and help determine liability for the collision. In cases involving negligence or wrongdoing, financial compensation may be available for the victim’s medical bills, lost wages, cost of rehabilitation services and other related damages.
The experienced Fullerton motorcycle accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys have a long and successful track record of helping motorcycle accident victims and their families. We will fight for your rights and ensure that you are fairly compensation for all the damages you have sustained as a result of someone else's negligence. Please contact us to obtain more information about pursuing your legal rights.