Fullerton Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
The Fullerton Motorcycle Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase know that it can be hard to get your life back on track after a bike crash. Along with serious injuries, victims can accumulate large medical bills and lose valuable time and pay from work.
The law firm of Bisnar Chase has been helping clients gain millions in compensation for recovering individuals that have experienced lost wages and counseling for the emotional, mental aftermath. For 40 years our Fullerton motorcycle accident attorneys have held a 96% success rate for cases involving bike incidents.
If you or someone you know is struggling with the damages from a motorcycle crash the injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase are here for you. Upon your call you will receive a free consultation with a top-notch legal team member.
Call 949-203-3814 now.
Are You Qualified to Receive a Settlement in Fullerton?
How do you know if you meet the requirements for a motorcycle accident? Major factors for determining whether or not you receive compensation is based on liability and the damages you have accumulated after the accident. If you can prove that there was carelessness on the behalf of the other party and you have experienced devastating losses, you can obtain a substantial amount of recoveries.
In personal injury cases damages are divided up into two categories:
- Special damages
- Damages that are not easily calculated
Special damages have an exact calculation of the past, present and future losses of the plaintiff's wages or medical bills. Damages that are not easily calculated can be, for example, emotional pain and suffering.
The Do’s and Dont’s of Handling Your Motorcycle Accident Case
According to California Highway Patrol’s 2009 Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), there were no fatalities, but 34 injuries reported as a result of motorcycle accidents in the city of Fullerton. During that same year, there were 17 fatalities and 735 injuries reported due to Orange County motorcycle accidents.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Fullerton motorcycle accident, it is important to contact a Fullerton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer to discuss your options. Also, it is a good idea that you understand the Do’s and Don’ts after a motorcycle accident to make sure that your rights are protected.
What you do immediately following an accident can affect your ability to pursue compensation for your injuries. If you or anyone else has been injured, please call the police right away and remain at the crash site until the authorities arrive. You will want your account of the incident in the police report and it is against the law to leave the scene of an injury accident.
- Document the scene of the accident. If you do not have a camera, or a camera phone, call a friend to arrive at the crash site to take photos. You will want pictures of yourself, your motorcycle and the crash site. Having photos of tire marks, damaged vehicles and injuries can help bolster you case.
- Exchange information. Get the contact information for anyone who may have witnessed the crash. You should also collect insurance details and contact information from any other motorist involved in the crash.
- Seek medical attention. There are a number of reasons why it is in your best interest to see a doctor right away. First and foremost, you chances of having a full recovery are greatly increased when you receive proper diagnosis and treatment immediately following the crash. Medical records can also be used during the claims process as proof of the severity of the injury suffered.
- Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer. Having an experienced Fullerton motorcycle accident lawyer can help you obtain the compensation you need and to hold the negligent parties accountable.
There are a few things that you may think are in your best interest that can actually hurt you during the claim process.
- Don’t rush to call the other driver’s insurance company. Insurance companies often look for reasons to deny claims and rushing to call an insurance company before you are prepared to handle the phone call can be a big mistake. If you are on pain medication following the accident, you shouldn’t call the insurance company. If you have suffered a serious injury, it would be in your best interest to have an attorney call the insurance company for you or at least prepare you for the phone call.
- Don’t fix your motorcycle. You may be anxious to get back to riding or at least to repair your damaged vehicle, but you may be hurting your case. You may be able to claim compensation for property damage in addition to your injuries.
- Don’t rush into a settlement with an insurance company or any other party. Once you sign an agreement, your case is settled or closed. It would be in your best interest to carefully and thoroughly analyze all your current and future losses and then make a claim.
Common Types of Motorcycle AccidentsMotorbikes, if not handled with care can be dangerous and even deadly. The way in which you obtain your injuries can dictate liability and also the amount of compensation you will receive. The Fullerton bike accident attorneys of Bisnar Chase have over 40 years of experience representing clients who have been in various kinds of motorcycle crashes .
Below are the different types of motorcycle collisions that can occur:
Head-on crashes: One of the drawbacks to riding a motorcycle is the lack of protection that the cyclist has. Wearing a helmet can only safeguard a rider so much. Even if a rider tries to quickly move out of the direction of the vehicle there is still a strong possibility that the rider will suffer severe injuries.
Un-safe lane changes: When a driver does not signal that they are about to make a lane change or they are texting and driving while making a lane change, they have the potential to hurt or even kill somebody on a motorcycle. Drivers hold the responsibility to check their blind spots before turning as well. Drivers and cyclist both can help prevent crashes by being aware of their surroundings.
Rear-end accidents: Cyclist that are hit from behind are more susceptible to broken bones, extreme harm to the brain and spinal cord injuries. If a motorcyclist is hit from the back it can propel the rider forward onto the road. The cyclist chances of not being to stop or speed up increases when they are rear-ended.
5 Tips for Riding a Motorbike in Fullerton
Motorcycle riders can decrease their chances of being in an accident if they follow certain safety precautions. Proper equipment and riding techniques potentially can save a cyclist life.
The following are five measures that riders can take to prevent a crash and severe injuries:
- Wear the correct equipment such as a protective jacket
- Do not ride between cars when traffic slows down
- Make sure your bike is properly running, for instance, making sure your brakes are functioning accordingly
- Always make sure that motor vehicle drivers can see you
- Drive at the posted speed limits
Why Should You Hire a Fullerton Bike Crash Lawyer?
A knowledgeable Fullerton motorcycle accident lawyer will stay abreast of the official investigation and help determine liability for the collision. In cases involving negligence or wrongdoing, financial compensation may be available for the victim’s medical bills, lost wages, cost of rehabilitation services and other related damages.
The experienced Fullerton motorcycle accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys have a long and successful track record of winning cases involving motorcycle accidents. We will fight for your rights and ensure that you are fairly compensation for all the damages you have sustained as a result of someone else's negligence. Please contact us if you or someone you know have been injured in a bike accident to receive a free case evaluation and more information about pursuing your legal rights.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660