Fullerton Dog Bite Attorneys
Bisnar Chase's Fullerton Dog Bite Lawyers are ready to assist you with any questions you may have about being bitten by a dog owned by another. Dog bites happen often in Fullerton. Getting bitten by a dog is the fifth most frequent cause of visits to emergency rooms caused by activities common among children.
Our injury attorneys have over 40 years representing Orange County residents who need legal representation after suffering a serious dog bite injury.
We may be able to get you fair gains for your injuries.
For a free consultation or you may call 949-203-3814.
Fullerton Dog Bite Statistics
Dog bite losses exceed $1 billion per year.
More than 350,000 dog bite victims are seen in emergency rooms every year. Approximately 800,000 victims receive some form of medical attention annually. Nevertheless, only 16,000 victims per year receive money from homeowners insurance companies and renters insurance companies. This equals 0.004% of the victims - just 4 out of every 1,000. Although these insurers pay over $500 million to all victims, the average insurance payment for a dog bite case is only $18,750.
An American has a one in 50 chance of being bitten by a dog each year. (CDC)
3 Reasons Why a Dog May Bite
There are a great many issues to consider with a dog bite. Despite Fullerton being a safe, neighborhood-oriented community it does have its share of dog bite accidents. Even if the dog is not intentionally provoked by a child there are numerous reasons why a dog might attack. The following reasons explain why a dog may bite.
Reasons why a dog would bite:
- The dog may be suffering from an unknown injury: If your dog is suddenly being aggressive, there may be a physical problem at hand. Take your dog to the local veterinarian office to see if there is a particularly sensitive spot that is triggering the dog's hostile behavior.
- It is protecting an object: When a dog has just given birth, experts say that the dog becomes very protective of her pups and extremely suggest putting the mother in a secluded area where she and her pups will not be disturbed. Other objects that a dog may be protecting their food.
- Feeling threatened may trigger aggressive behavior: In a stressful situation, such as the dog being surrounded by strangers, may provoke the dog to attack. Animal professionals recommend that the dog be socialized at an early age to prevent it to feel uncomfortable with unfamiliar people.
What Should I Do If I Was Bitten by a Dog in Fullerton?
Being attacked by a dog is not only physically life-threatening but emotionally debilitating. The first thing that a person should do after a dog bite is to seek medical attention immediately. Dog bites can range from a minor tear in the skin to extreme nerve damage. It is important that you obtain treatment from a medical professional right away.
After receiving medical care collecting evidence for your dog bite case is crucial. Gathering proof such as eye-witness reports, photos and medical bills can greatly help your case.
Avoiding a Fullerton Dog Bite
The leading causes of emergency room visits overall are falls, being struck by or against an object, natural or environmental causes, poisoning, being cut or pierced, and motor vehicle accident. Dog bites are one of the most prominent causes emergency room visits for children. There are ways in which you can avoid a vicious dog attack though to protect not only your child but you as well. Below are the do's and don'ts of what to do to prevent dog bites.
Do and Don't to avoid dog bites:
- Confirm with the owner that it is okay the pet the dog
- Remain still if a dog approaches you
- Notify any surrounding adults that there is a stray dog on the loose
- Curl up in a ball if you are pushed over by a dog
- Never run away from a dog
- Do not make any loud noises
- Refrain from looking directly into a dog's eyes
- At no time should you speak to the dog with commands such as "stop" or "no"
Choosing Highly-Rated Legal Representation
Bisnar Chase Fullerton Dog Bite Lawyers have dedicated their practice to victims of serious injuries due to negligence. Our highly-rated legal team is consistent and honest about your case from start to finish.
If you or a loved one ever incurs a dog bite related incident, call us
Call 949-203-3814 for a free case evaluation.