Cypress Car Accident Attorneys
A seasoned Cypress Car Accident Attorney knows that if you've been injured in a car crash and expect to be fairly compensated for your losses, you must exercise skill and caution when dealing with insurance companies, especially the insurance adjuster. Before delving into this area, a quick review of car accidents in Cypress, California may be helpful. This is where the experienced Cypress personal injury lawyers at Bisnar Chase can help you get the settlement that you deserve.
Cypress Auto Accident Statistics
California Highway Patrol's Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS) showed that four people died and 172 were injured in Cypress car crashes in one year alone.
Drunk drivers caused one death and 16 injuries. A total of 20 bicyclists and 12 pedestrians were injured in traffic accidents. Motorcycle collisions killed one and injured nine. Four car accidents resulted in four fatalities.
How to Provide Insurance Adjusters with Details of Your Losses
Smart Cypress car accident lawyers will tell you to provide your insurance adjuster with detailed documents of your damages and losses.
Ask the adjuster how much the insurance company is willing to pay for the repair or replacement of your vehicle and what they will offer for your lost wages, your doctor, hospital and other medical bills. If your injuries call for extended long-term care or rehabilitation, ask about compensation for those expenses. Lastly, ask how much they will pay you for your pain and suffering.
Brian Chase explains how hiring an experienced car accident attorney can help you get your car repaired and how to get fully compensated.
How to Deal With Insurance Adjusters
Remember that insurance adjusters are highly skilled negotiators. They will "hem and haw" and insist you make the first settlement demand (a specific dollar sum.) This keeps them in control of the negotiations.
They realize that you could easily ask for less than what they're willing to offer. Cypress car accident lawyers say this is where you play tough and let the adjuster make the first offer; a realistic one.
If the adjuster makes you a poor offer, say you're considering hiring a lawyer.
When the adjuster finally commits to an offer, you can make a counter offer, however, don't be quick to do so. Tell the adjuster that you want some time to think it over, to consult with your lawyer and other family members. Keep the adjuster guessing and remember to act disappointed (never rude or belligerent) with any offer he makes.
Are the insurance companies keeping your best interest in mind after a Cypress, California car accident? Brian Chase weighs in and sets the record straight.
5 Steps to Take for Preventing a Traffic Collision
In one year over 9,500 people lost their lives by simply not wearing a seatbelt. Car crashes at times cannot be avoided, but there are preventative measures that you can easily take to help keep auto accidents from happening often.
Below are five steps for preventing car crashes:
- Always look out for pedestrians: The rule of the road is that pedestrians always have the right away. There are incidents though where a person will jaywalk or a child will suddenly appear on the road. If you are near a school or a residential area pay attention and proceed slowly and cautiously through the road.
- Keep a cushion space between cars: DMV states that you should wait two seconds behind a car which equals three meters. When you allow yourself an ample amount of space between cars, you will have a better chance of stopping before rear-ending a vehicle.
- Provide your car with the necessary maintenance: Auto parts such as tires, lights, brakes and oils should be double checked regularly. Supplying your vehicle with routine check-ups can not only prevent an accident but it can also prevent a great amount of damage to your car. For example, if you do not change your oil in due time, it can cause the engine to overheat and can wear it out immensely.
- Check your blind spots: A driver should not solely rely on their mirrors to examine the area around them. Checking your blind spot aids in seeing cars that are pulling up on the right or left-hand side of you. Making sure your blind spot is clear does not only keep drivers safe but when turning it is also meant to keep cyclist and pedestrians free from harm.
- Be kind on the road: Road rage for many is a daily reality. Road rage is one of many causes that lead to car crashes. Drivers who exhibit this behavior may be inclined to shove other automobiles off of the roads or using a weapon to threaten the other driver. Experts say that if you do suffer from road rage, calm yourself by playing relaxing music and not using vulgarity to express discontent with fellow drivers.
Primary Causes of Auto Accidents
Being involved in an auto accident can be traumatic and leave many victims with serious injuries. Minor actions such as looking down at your phone can lead to you having dangerous consequences. Your driving behavior not only affects you and your passengers, but poor driving can also endanger the lives of your fellow drivers.
Primary causes of car accidents:
Texting and Driving: Over the years millions of people have had emergency room visits and have also been killed when texting and driving. What's even more shocking is that a driver is six times more likely to get in a car accident by distracted driving than by drunk driving. Reports also state that one in four car accidents are caused by cell phone usage. Do not text and drive, if the text or call proves to be an emergency than pull over to a safe area. .
Drunk driving: In one year over one million drivers were arrested for being under the influence while driving a motor vehicle. Driving drunk can impair your motor skills and perception. If you are arrested for driving under the influence you can face up to 16 months in jail and accumulate fines up to $18,000 dollars.
Speeding: If you are driving over the speed limit especially in bad weather it can result in injuries that lead a person to be paralyzed or worse; dead. When a driver is speeding the likely-hood of them losing control of the wheel increases. In California, if you drive 15 MPH over the speed limit you can be fined an amount up to $360 dollars.
If Things Get Too Complicated, Call Us!
An experienced Cypress car crash lawyer, like the attorneys at Bisnar Chase, who regularly negotiates with insurance adjusters in California can be a very powerful ally. At Bisnar Chase, we can help you negotiate a fair settlement for your losses. We are highly credentialed car accident lawyers in Cypress, California. Your consultation is free and we operate on a contingency basis, which means you only pay if we win.
If you have been injured please call us toll free to receive a Free Consultation from our experienced staff. Call 949-203-3814.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660