Costa Mesa Car Accident Attorneys
The experienced Costa Mesa Car Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase have been representing clients who have suffered serious injuries from motor vehicle collisions for over 40 years. Road traffic incidents are a normality in Southern California, and we want to make sure that if you ever find yourself involved in a crash you will receive the best legal representation.
Our Mission Statement is: "To provide superior client representation in a compassionate and professional manner while making our world a safer place."
The Personal Injury Law Firm of Bisnar Chase specializes in an array of practice areas which include motorcycle accidents and truck accidents, as well as wrongful death cases. If you or someone you love has experienced traumatic injuries in a Costa Mesa CA crash, contact our Orange County auto accident attorneys today at 949-203-3814 for a free no-obligation consultation.
Orange County Statistics on Fatal Accidents
Data reports claim that in one year, the city of Costa Mesa had over 1,482 accidents. Many of those collisions left passengers severely injured or worse; dead. Overall in the United States, around 37,000 people die and 2.35 million people become disabled or seriously injured every year due to a motor vehicle collision.
Car accidents can take place for numerous reasons which can include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Running red lights
Costa Mesa, California Dangerous Intersections
Bear Street & South Coast Drive has proven to be one of the most hazardous intersections in Costa Mesa. Reports from the LA Times claimed that over 10 accidents happen per year in this specific area. The reason? People running red lights. South Coast Plaza is one of the biggest shopping centers in Orange County and according to police officer Sgt. David Andersen the cause of accidents also has to do with the multiple traffic signals.
“The mixture of residential traffic merging with retail shoppers along with four to five signals that accommodate various entrances and exits to shops may also contribute to the problem,” stated Andersen.
Frequently Asked Questions on Car Accident Claims
Collisions can affect a car accident injury victim’s physical and mental state. Knowing what to do after a collision is not only crucial to your wellbeing, but also to your motor vehicle incident claim. Below are commonly asked questions and answers on what to do if you have been involved in a motor vehicle wreck.
You should pursue legal representation when you feel or know that most of your damages will not be covered by the other party's insurance company. You should also hire an attorney if you feel as though your insurance company is taking too long to handle your claim.
After a motor vehicle collision, seek medical attention immediately. Even if you do not feel any pain right after the accident you should still be examined just in case you have an underlying issue that can later put your health at risk.
California has what is known as comparative fault. Comparative fault gives both drivers the opportunity to file for compensation even if they were partially responsible for the incident. The amount you will receive if you were involved in an accident will depend on how much of the accident was your fault.
The types of damages that can be covered after a collision can be lost wages, medical expenses or even rental car costs. If you have lost a loved one in a fatal car accident you can also file a wrongful death claim for costs like funeral expenses, loss of consortium, pain and suffering.
The law firm of Bisnar Chase has maintained a 99% success rate at winning compensation for car accident victims. For 40 years we have helped injury victims receive over $650 million dollars in compensation and continue you to strive for excellent client satisfaction. Call our Costa Mesa Car Accident Lawyers today for a free case analysis at 949-203-3814.
Filing a Costa Mesa Car Accident Claim
If you have been involved in a car accident, you are probably asking yourself this question, "when should I consider hiring an attorney?". Here are examples of a few circumstances in which you might need the services of an experienced Costa Mesa car accident lawyer:
- Serious injuries: If you suffered serious injuries such as broken bones, a herniated disk or whiplash, which could leave you hospitalized and unable to work for a while, you need a lawyer. If you have suffered a permanent or catastrophic injury such as a traumatic brain injury or paralysis, you have a potentially large claim. It is crucial in such cases that you retain the services of a lawyer who has successfully handled similar cases.
- Fault: If there is a dispute with regard to who or what caused the car crash, you may have trouble proving your case and holding the at-fault party accountable. If you have been seriously injured and need monetary support for medical expenses, there is too much at stake for you to do it on your own. You need a car accident lawyer's help since the burden in personal injury cases rests on the shoulders of the plaintiff.
- Out-of-pocket expenses: If your accident expenses are limited, it may be possible for you to negotiate a settlement on your own with the insurance company. However, if you have spent thousands of dollars, you may need the help of a lawyer to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your losses.
- Jury trial: You certainly need an attorney to represent you if your case is going to a jury trial. You need an experienced lawyer who knows the court rules in order to give yourself a fair chance to win and protect your legal rights. Although a majority of personal injury claims are settled out of court, there are times when these cases do go to trial.
If You Have A Case Involving an Uninsured Motorist...
Handling or filing a car accident claim can be complicated but being hit by an uninsured driver often worsens the situation. But there are ways that you can maneuver through a claim involving a driver who does not have insurance.
It is important not to accept any money from the uninsured motorist. It may be tempting to take the offer, but at times the money that the driver offers you does not compensate you for the entirety of the damages of your serious accident. A legal expert can evaluate all the damages that you have acquired from the incident which may involve property damage, income missed out for taking time off work, and medical bills.
The type of policy that you have with your insurance company will determine if you will be covered for the damages as well. If your insurance does not cover the costs for your losses, then you are well-advised to speak to a personal injury attorney.
Common Types of Car Crashes
Car accidents occur daily in various places such as parking lots, school zones and freeways. Motor vehicle wreck victims can suffer from major injuries depending on the cause. How much compensation you receive for your injuries and losses will depend on the severity of the collision and what type of collision you were involved in.
There are three common types of car accidents that injury victims are involved in:
- Head-on collisions: Head-on collisions are referred to when describing two cars from opposite directions crashing into one another. People can die from the impact of head-on car accidents or suffer from a traumatic brain injury. Studies have indicated that 10% of car crash fatalities are due to head-on car crashes. If you have lost a family member as a result of a head-on motor vehicle collision, contact the Costa Mesa Car Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase to seek more information about wrongful death cases.
- Rollover accidents: Usually, rollover accidents only involve one driver. Speed plays a great role in rollover accidents. Typical vehicles that are involved in rollover crashes are pickup trucks, SUV’s, vans and big rigs. Truck drivers are the greatest population to experience rollover accidents due to exhaustion. Statistics reported that an estimated amount of 15,000 18-wheelers are involved in rollover accidents every year.
- Rear-end crashes: Rear-end crashes are the most common types of accidents four-door-vehicles face. It has been reported that 2.9 million car collisions each year are rear-end incidents. These kinds of crashes can cause a person to suffer from neck and head injuries such as whiplash. Factors that lead to these types of motor vehicle accidents are tailgating, speeding and driver fatigue. Remember if you are tired do not risk your life, or the life of another driver. Pull over to the side and rest until you feel you are fully capable to drive.
Liability for Vehicle Accidents Caused by an Auto Defect
Accountability for your auto accident can fall on several parties. The most common liable party is the driver who crashed into you. Most of the time when a driver crashes into you it is because they were operating the vehicle carelessly.
Your Costa Mesa car accident lawyer will need to prove that your injuries were caused by the other driver. The way in which your trial attorney can demonstrate fault is by police reports of the incident, photos at the scene of the crash and witness statements. Make sure to keep all medical documentation such as test results and medical expenses so you can provide this as proof to your lawyer as well.
Steps to Take After a Car Crash
If you are an accident victim, you must take steps to protect your rights. The first step to take is to make sure you receive immediate medical attention, treatment and care for your injuries. You must file a Costa Mesa accident report with Costa Mesa police and obtain a copy for your own records. Next take plenty of photographs of the accident scene including the position of the vehicles, license plates and roadway conditions. Be sure to get immediate medical attention, treatment and care for your injuries.
Preserve all physical and other evidence from the scene including torn or bloody clothing. It is also important that you keep your vehicle intact until it can be thoroughly examined by an accident reconstruction expert. Try to get as much information as you can from other parties involved in the crash as well as from anyone who may have witnessed the collision. If you are injured and unable to take photos, ask a family member or friend to help you.
If you feel as though you have been cheated out of the compensation you need for your losses, contact the skilled Costa Mesa car accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase if you have been injured in a car crash. We will fight hard to protect your rights every step of the way.
"There's only one way to win the battle against an insurance company and that's to have a lawyer on your side." - Costa Mesa car accident lawyer, Brian Chase
Is it Safe to Take the Quick Settlement After a Car Accident?
After a car crash, it might be tempting for you to take the first settlement the insurance company offers you. However, rushing into a settlement is never a good idea.
If you take a settlement without taking into account all your damages and losses, you will not be able to seek compensation for those damages.
In addition, the insurance companies' intentions will be to keep profit margins up and with this in mind will pay you out for the bare minimum of your injuries.
They cannot be trusted to look out for your best interests. In fact, it is in their best interest to offer you a quick and low settlement to make your claim go away. That's how they remain profitable.
You need a vocal advocate and an experienced lawyer on your side.
Do not sign off on any agreement until you have discussed it with the savvy Costa Mesa car accident attorneys at Bisnar Chase who will get you the maximum compensation possible.
Bisnar Chase Has Some of the Best Car Accident Lawyers in CA
The Costa Mesa Car Accident Lawyers at Bisnar Chase have helped thousands of car accident victims. We have filed lawsuits not just against at-fault drivers and insurance companies, but also against automakers whose vehicles failed to protect occupants during car accidents.
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, you may be able to seek compensation for damages including medical expenses, lost income, hospitalization, rehabilitation, pain and suffering and emotional distress.
Our personal injury lawyers have been serving injury victims in Riverside County, Orange County and Los Angeles County for over 40 years.
Call the law offices of Bisnar Chase at 949-203-3814 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.