California Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
The California Catastrophic Injury Attorneys at Bisnar Chase are here to help accident victims and their families gain the fair compensation they deserve for the losses they have faced.
Injuries that are considered catastrophic can leave a person suffering from permanent disabilities directly affecting their quality of life.
Even basic daily activities can prove difficult when you have sustained a catastrophic injury. Many victims of brain injuries and spinal cord injuries become overwhelmed with medical expenses and are unable to recover financially because their disability prevents them from working or earning a livelihood.
If you or a loved one has been catastrophically injured, call us now at 800-561-4887 now for legal advice and to set up your free consultation.
What Makes an Injury Catastrophic in California?
The American Medical Association (AMA) definition of a catastrophic injury is a serious injury to the brain or spinal cord. All serious injuries can have great physical, emotional and financial costs.
Catastrophic injuries, however, can result in permanent disabilities that affect every aspect of an individual's life.
Furthermore, catastrophic injuries often affect far more than the victim. They also have a significant impact on the victim's family members who must make sacrifices to ensure that their loved one receives adequate care and attention. This can cause financial and emotional burdens for all involved.
5 Types of Catastrophic Injuries
There are many kinds of serious injuries that can be classified as catastrophic if the symptoms are long lasting.
Some catastrophic injury examples include:
- Burn injuries: Severe burns can result in permanent disfigurement and nerve damage. Burns injuries are considered catastrophic when a significant portion of the body is permanent damaged.
- Multiple bone fractures: A single bone fracture can heal over a period of weeks or months with proper treatment. When someone suffers multiple bone fractures in the same accident, he or she may experience long-term effects. Some victims of multiple bone fractures never regain their strength and mobility and experience a lifetime of reduced physical abilities.
- Amputations: Loss of limbs is a significant catastrophic injury. Such injuries may occur as a result of car crashes or on-the-job injuries. Injured victims are often unable to work or return to their jobs after an accident that involves an amputation. A catastrophic injury lawyer can win you the compensation you need for medical expenses and cost of equipment such as prosthetics.
- Spinal cord injuries: Devastating injuries to the neck or back can result in trauma to the spinal cord. Since the spinal cord is responsible for transmitting signals from the brain to the rest of the body, spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Mild concussions do not typically result in catastrophic brain injuries, but severe damage to the brain can have permanent consequences. Victims of catastrophic brain injuries often suffer from physical and mental disabilities.
Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
There are many ways in which an individual may suffer catastrophic injuries. Car crashes are among the most common causes of catastrophic injuries. Many of the most severe permanent injuries result from rollovers, head-on collisions and t-bone collisions.
This is why it is vital for vehicle occupants to wear a seatbelt at all times.
You can also suffer a life-changing head or back injury in a :
- Slip-and-fall accident
- Ladder accident
- Scaffolding collapse
- Car fire
- Sporting activity
- Assault or work-related accident
Regardless of what caused your injuries, there are legal options available that could help you get the support you need and rightfully deserve.
Catastrophic Injury Statistics in California
The majority of catastrophic injury claims involve traumatic brain injuries and facet joint injuries. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, there are about 273,000 people currently living with spinal cord injuries in the United States and there are approximately 12,000 new cases each year.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 1.7 million people sustain a traumatic brain injury annually.
In the case of a catastrophic injury, a full recovery is not possible, however, there are rehabilitation techniques that can help injured victims regain their quality of life to a certain degree. Vocational programs can even help them find a job they can perform.
Who Is Liable for a Catastrophic Injury?
There are accident cases in which one or more parties are responsible for the injury. To identify who is liable for catastrophic injuries your California Catastrophic Injury Attorney will most likely ask "who was at the scene of the incident?"
Examples of liable parties can be if you were injured
- At work operating machinery your employer maybe held accountable for injuries
- In a vehicle accident that involved drunk driving, the driver in the other car can be held liable
- Developed a skin rash due to a product without a warning label you can pursue an injury case as well
Receiving Fair Compensation for Your Severe Injuries
Catastrophic injuries can have an enormous impact on victims and their families. It often affects the victim's quality of life as well.
Many victims of catastrophic injuries suffer from psychological issues such as depression and may even undergo personality changes resulting in stress and frustration for their family. This is why it is important that victims are provided support for their suffering in addition to compensation for their physical injuries.
Victims of catastrophic injuries have the right to pursue financial compensation for their losses.
Damages that your catastrophic injury lawyer can recover for you are:
- Lost current and future wages
- Loss of life's enjoyment
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disability coverage
- Current and future medical bills
- The cost of rehabilitation services
Have You Suffered From a Catastrophic Injury in California?
When you have suffered a life-changing injury, the first step is to make recovery your first priority. The experienced California Catastrophic Injury Attorneys at Bisnar Chase have represented severely injured victims who have suffered from catastrophic injuries.
We know the pain and suffering not only victims, but also their family members, endure in such situations.
The law firm of Bisnar Chase serves as a one-stop legal resource for these victims and their families. Our goal is to help these victims and their family members reclaim their lives and obtain a sense of justice and financial security.
Please contact us at 800-561-4887 to receive a free case analysis and obtain more information about pursuing your legal rights.
Find our more about the law firm of Bisnar Chase by clicking the video below
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660