A 3-year-old girl and her parents were injured when the car in which they were traveling collided with another early morning on Easter Sunday. According to a news report in The Orange County Register, the injury collision occurred at the intersection of 17th and English streets. The family was in a Mercedes when it collided with another car.
The girl was the most seriously injured and suffered facial injuries. Her parents suffered moderate injuries. All were transported to area hospitals and are expected to survive. The driver of the other vehicle was not injured. No citations or arrests were reported and police do not suspect the involvement of alcohol or drugs in the crash. The investigation is ongoing.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to this family whose members have been injured. We are relieved to note that they did not suffer life-threatening injuries. We wish them the very best for a speedy and complete recovery.
What Caused This Street Intersection Crash?
Based on this news report, it appears that the collision occurred at a street intersection that is monitored by traffic lights. Officials do not suspect the involvement of alcohol and/or drugs. But, there are a number of questions here that remain unanswered. Did one of the drivers run a red light at the intersection? Was one of the drivers distracted, inattentive or fatigued? Did one of the motorists fail to yield the right of way to the other? These are just some of the questions that must be asked in the aftermath of a street intersection collision.
Actions to Take
If you have been injured in a street intersection car accident, there are a number of steps you can take to help protect your rights:
• File a police report and make sure you get a copy for your records.
• Take photographs of the accident scene. If you are too injured to do so, make sure you have a family member or friend do that for you.
• Be sure to get contact information for other parties involved in the crash as well as for anyone who may have witnessed the crash.
• Get prompt medical attention, treatment and care for your injuries.
• Contact an experienced Santa Ana personal injury lawyer who will stay abreast of the official investigation and ensure that your legal rights and best interests are preserved.