2010-11 American Lawyer Academy Viral Video Scholarship Contest
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys is proud to be the Western Regional sponsor for the American Lawyer Academy's 2010-11 Viral Video Scholarship Contest. Below are the official rules for the Western Region only. If your main residence is located in a different region please visit the website of the appropriate sponsor in your area. See the sponsor list at the bottom of this page.
Video Element Requirements:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to follow the exact video element requirements will result in disqualification.
1. The subject/idea/theme of all submitted videos must be: Safe Driving
2. Style: Viral video/public service announcement.
3. All submissions must be no more than 120 seconds in total length (content, credits, etc.).
4. All submissions must contain the ‘contest identification’ image at the beginning and at the conclusion of the main video content. These images should appear for 2 seconds each. The images can be downloaded from this website.
5. Any additional credits, thank you, etc. must be displayed AFTER the required ‘contest identification’ image mentioned above.
Failure to follow the exact video guidelines will result in disqualification.
6. The contestant is 100% responsible for all production costs of their video.
7. The contestant is 100% responsible for the creation of a video that does not infringe on any copyright, does not break any local, state, or federal communication laws. ALA and/or the regional sponsors will not be held responsible for any laws broken, violations, etc.
8. All submissions will become the property of ALA and the appropriate regional sponsor.
9. Any submission deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor's sole discretion, will be disqualified.
10. The submission must be the original work of the contestant and must be non- professional.
11. The submission must be uploaded in accordance with the specifications set forth in the contest rules as displayed on the appropriate regional sponsor’s website.
12. Any submission or portion thereof that is, in Sponsor's sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third-party materials, other than American Lawyer Academy's related materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand other than American Lawyer Academy's or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may be disqualified.
13. Any clothing worn in the submitted video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third- party. No Entry shall contain any content other than as described above, a performance that has been broadcast or streamed, published or televised on television or as part of a recording of a motion picture film or television program.
14. Submitted videos must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public figure, include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or address, phone number, or URL address.
15. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and does not meet the contest requirements will be disqualified.
16. If, in Sponsor's sole discretion, the entry (or any portion thereof) appears to have resulted in any injury or bodily harm, it will be disqualified. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Contest.
17. You are personally responsible for your behavior while creating this video and agree to indemnify all sponsors, including the ALA and Regional Sponsors of this Contest, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense of any kind (including attorney fees and costs) that may be incurred in connection with a third party claim or a claim by you that may occur in the creation and submission of your video.
Submission Guidelines/How To Enter The Contest:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to follow the exact submission guidelines will result in disqualification.
18. All submissions must be posted on the creator’s own YouTube account and should allow embedding.
a. Title: The words: ‘Lawyer Viral Video Contest:’ must appear at the beginning of the YouTube video title. Example: ‘Lawyer Viral Video Contest: Stay Alive, Don’t Text And Drive’
b. Description: The following must appear in the YouTube video description of all submitted videos:
i. Contestant’s name & school
ii. Contest Region
iii. Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys and car accident lawyers, Newport Beach, CA, http:// www.BestAttorney.com/
iv. A description of the video in the creator’s own words. There is no limit on the length of the description.
v. Additional credits if desired.
c. Tags: The following YouTube video tags are required: viral, video, contest, scholarship, distracted, driving, lawyer, attorney.
d. Category: Film & Animation
e. Privacy: All contest entries should be placed on YouTube using the “Public” privacy setting.
19. A link to the YouTube page where the video resides should be sent to: the appropriate regional sponsor via the email firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Viral Video Scholarship Contest” in the email subject line.
a. In the body of the email message the applicant will put the following:
i. Video Title
v. Contact Phone Number
vi. A link to the video on YouTube
b. All contest entries must be received no later than March 31, 2011 at 11:59pm Pacific Time. Any entries received after that date will not be accepted.
First Prize: $10,000 scholarship
Second Place: $3,000 scholarship
Regional Winners: $1,500 scholarship
Each winner will receive a prize, which can be used towards tuition at a recognized academic institution. The prize will be awarded as a check made payable to the institution. No transfer or substitution of prize permitted by winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners' names, likenesses and Entries for promotional and advertising purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. If the winner is not currently enrolled in a recognized academic institution the prize will be withheld until such time as enrollment is verified.
By participating in the Contest, contestants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Judges' decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. If you do not agree to any term or Condition in this document DO NOT participate in this contest or submit a video. By submitting a video you agree to Official Rules.
By posting a video, you guarantee, represent and warrant that:
You have the legal right to post Content and it does not violate any law.
That, if you are under 18 at the time of the submission, that you will provide ALA with a signed notarized release by your parent or legal guardian granting you permission to participate in this contest and agreeing to all terms and conditions of the Official Contest and Rules. The sponsors of this contest are in no way liable for your failure to obtain permission to participate in this contest. If the Sponsors learn that you where under 18 at the time of the submission and you failed to provide ALA with a signed notarized release by your parent or legal guardian your entry will be disqualified. If your parent or legal guardian refuses to give you permission, DO NOT participate.
You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your video submission to use the name or likeness of each and every identifiable person in the content in the manner contemplated by the Sponsors of this contest.
That any personal information you provide may be provided to third parties and by participating in this contest you give the contest sponsors permission to use that information in the promotion of this contest and in any way that advances the purposes of this contest.
All Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to submit the video at the time of Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
The Sponsor and regional sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest if any aspect of the Contest becomes technically corrupted, and determine the Finalists from Entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor and its agencies and each party's respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Contest or the awarding of prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of prize.
By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites). In addition, you hereby assign to the Sponsor all rights, titles, and interests that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Entry.
You represent and warrant that: (i) the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third-party right other than American Lawyer Academy’s nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright, trademark and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. You hereby release Sponsor, its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of its employees (collectively, the "Contest Indemnitees"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Contest Indemnitees due to or arising out of your participation in the Contest, or use of your name, likeness, Entry and/or voice, or any other rights granted to Sponsor, including any claims for including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. You further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless Contest Indemnitees from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Contest Indemnitees infringes on your rights as contained in the Entry submission. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules, are fully familiar with its contents and agree to be bound by them. The Contest and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Washington, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Washington state and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Washington state.
Regional sponsors will be responsible for choosing the regional finalists based on the evaluation criteria. A selection committee made up of regional sponsors and other ALA members will choose the final winner based on the evaluation criteria.
During both the regional and final judging periods all entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria:
• Creativity and Originality (25%)
• Adherence to Theme and Inclusion of required elements. (25%)
• Viral Nature as determined by the number of YouTube views and/or votes cast on the regional sponsor’s website or the ALA website. (25%)
• Entertainment Value (15%)
• Video Quality (10%)
Each Finalist's final score will then be determined as follows: the judge's score from the Final Judging Round will determine 70% of each entrant's final score and the number of votes received for each entrant during the Voting Period will determine 30% of the entrant’s final score. The Finalist with the highest combined score from Final Judging Round and the most votes received from the public during the corresponding Voting Period will be deemed the scholarship winner. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be judged by Sponsor, based on the judging criteria listed above, to determine the scholarship winner. Decisions of judges are final with respect to all matters relating to the scholarship contest. Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone/mail and will also be announced on the ALA website.
Note: The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such votes and to disqualify the responsible individual from voting.
Announcement of Winner:
For the name of the scholarship winner will be, available after May 16, 2011 by visiting http://www.americanlawyeracademy.com.
The American Lawyer Academy
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys personal injury attorneys and car accident lawyers, Newport, CA
Sponsor website: http://www.bestattorney.com
Regional contest rules: http://www.bestattorney.com/viral-video-scholarship-contest-western-region.html
Send your contest submissions to: email@example.com
Breyer Law Offices PC, personal injury attorneys and car accident lawyers, Phoenix, AZ
Sponsor website: http://www.breyerlaw.com
Regional contest rules: http://www.breyerlaw.com/viral-video-scholarship-contest-southwest-region.html
Send your contest submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Buckfire & Buckfire, personal injury attorneys and car accident lawyers, Southfield, MI
Sponsor website:http:// www.buckfirelaw.com
Regional contest rules: http://www.buckfirelaw.com/library/viral-video-scholarship-contest-northern-region-buckfire-buckfire.cfm
Send your contest submission to: email@example.com
Cavey Barrett, social security attorneys and long-term disability lawyers, Tampa, FL
Sponsor website: http://www.caveylaw.com
Regional contest rules: http://www.caveylaw.com/2010-11-american-lawyer-academy-viral-video-scholarship-contest-and-official-rules-southern-region
Send your contest submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Boyk Law Offices, LLC , personal injury attorneys and car accident lawyers, Toledo, OH
Sponsor website: http://www.charlesboyk-law.com
Regional contest rules: http://www.charlesboyk-law.com/library/viral-video-scholarship-contest-northeast-region.cfm
Send your contest submission to: email@example.com
Christensen Law Firm, PLLC , personal injury attorneys and car accident lawyers, Draper, UT
Regional contest rules: http://www.utahpersonalinjurylawfirm.com/viral-video-scholarship-contest-midwest-region.html
Send your contest submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Davis Law Group, P.S., personal injury attorneys and car accident lawyers, Seattle, WA
Sponsor website: http:// www.DavisLawGroupSeattle.com
Regional contest rules: http://www.injurytriallawyer.com/library/viral-video-scholarship-contest-northwest-region.cfm
Send your contest submission to: email@example.com
Schafer Law Office, personal injury attorneys and car accident lawyers, Louisville, KY
Sponsor website: http://www.mikeschaferlaw.com
Regional contest rules: http://www.mikeschaferlaw.com/library/the-2010-viral-video-scholarship-contest.cfm
Send your contest submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2011 Western Region Winner
Have a question that wasn't answered here?