California Train Accident Lawyers
Bisnar | Chase personal injury attorneys handle catastrophic and serious injury cases. California train accident cases are one of our specialty practice areas serving the people of California since 1978.
Urban population in the United States is increasing at unprecedented levels and with the increase in population comes the need for expanded forms of mass transit. Train travel, once considered a romantic and leisurely way to travel throughout the country, is now a necessary conveyance for millions of Americans. There are over 600 railroads and hundreds of thousands of miles of track traversing the country but unfortunately the increase in train travel has also lead to increased accidents. National statistics show that every two hours there is a train accident that involves property damage, injury and even death.
Some facts about train mishaps are as follows:
- Every 90 minutes there is a train collision or derailment.
- A train carrying hazardous material goes off the tracks approximately every 2 weeks in the United States.
- Railroads are essentially self-regulated and do come under the close scrutiny of the federal government.
- Rail companies continue to rely on technology that was developed over 70 years ago and very little effort has been made to update safety measures.
- Local jurisdictions often have no control over the train travel in their area resulting in delays for local emergency response to catastrophic situations in the community. This basically means that the fire trucks will have to wait while a trans continental freight train passes!
- More than 50% of all railroad accidents occur at unprotected crossings and, according to the Federal Railroad Administration, over 80% of railroad crossings don't have adequate warning devices.
- Statistics may show that although vehicle collisions have decreased in the last few years, pedestrian collisions have become an alarming problem. Rail companies have failed to educate the public, improve warning systems, and enforce regulations.
If you or someone in your family has been injured due to the negligence of a rail transportation company, you may be able to file a claim to recover your damages. When a railroad or train accident does occur, there are laws that govern whether or not the carrier is liable. There are many factors that determine if the railroad company was at fault and could have prevented the accident and resulting injuries by exercising the proper care and maintenance. Also, if the carrier is found liable, there are even more factors to consider as to what percentage of liability they will have to assume.
Train accidents can be caused in many ways such as
- train on train collisions
- derailments poorly maintained tracks
- noncompliance of safety standards
- inadequate security and other negligence issues.
At Bisnar | Chase, our team of personal injury attorneys have the experience, knowledge and skill that is required to effectively pursue all types of serious injury cases, including injuries or deaths resulting from California train accidents.
We will comprehensively investigate every aspect of your claim to assist you in recovering the highest monetary compensation for your injuries or loss. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured as the result of a train accident or MetroLink accident in California, please contact Bisnar | Chase to discuss your case.
Call 1-800-561-4887 or request a free case review.
(click on icons for more information)