California SUV Accident Attorneys
Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) are some of the most popular automobiles on California highways. It seems that all car manufacturers have their own versions of this type of vehicle, and consumers have snatched them up as quickly as they leave the assembly lines. Very often, consumers looking for family vehicles turn to SUVs because they have the room a growing family needs and their large dimensions give the appearance of safety.
Since the SUV (sports utility vehicle) was mass manufactured for the American car market, tens of thousands of people have died in rollover accidents, and hundreds of thousands have been injured. many of these SUVs are designed poorly and that they are prone to accidents, especially California SUV Rollover Accidents. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has shown that SUVs roll over almost three times as often as passenger cars.
Sport Utility Vehicles were initially designed for off-road driving. Because of this, most SUVs have high suspensions and a small wheel base to allow the autos to navigate rugged terrain. These factors, along with the SUVs size, result in a higher center of gravity, which when paired with highway speeds and sudden turns can be a recipe for disaster.
In recent years due to statistics The NHTSA has concluded that rollover accidents are one of the most significant safety problems for all classes of light trucks.
What factors contribute to the dangerous nature of rollover crashes?
- Sub-par safety standards can contribute.
- Rollover accidents are especially dangerous because of the blunt force trauma the passengers experience during the crash.
- Passengers involved in rollover accidents are often thrown from the vehicles during the crash, resulting in catastrophic injury
- Occupants in a rollover accident can also be injured by weak roof support reinforcements that collapse under the weight of the vehicle.
What types of serious injuries are caused by roof collapse?
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries which can result in paralysis, and even fatalities.
Other types of Defects that can also Result in Additional Injuries
- Defective seat belt buckles.
- Door locks or latches that fail to stay locked.
- Seatback failures
- Airbag deployment failures
- Post collision fuel fed fires
- Seatbelt buckles that open during a rollover
If you or a loved one was injured in an suv accident due to someone elses negligence or a product defect, please call us today. Our accident injury attorneys have more than 30 years of experience winning auto accident cases.
Free Case Consultation.
(click on icons for more information)