Personal Injury Attorneys Riverside
Suffered a personal injury? Contact the Riverside Personal Injury Attorneys of Bisnar Chase today for a Free case review.
A devastating personal injury can affect a victim and his or her family for years to come. The impact of the injury is often physical, financial and emotional. Many victims of personal injuries are unable to work as they watch their medical expenses pile up.
In cases where catastrophic injuries have been suffered, victims may never be able to return to work or earn a livelihood again. It is important for anyone who has suffered a serious personal injury as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, to understand their legal rights and options.
Common Personal Injuries In Riverside CA
Some of the most common types of incidents that result in personal injury claims include:
- Traffic accidents: Car accidents, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents and truck accidents are the most common cause of injuries in Riverside County.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: Property owners are responsible for the injury accidents that occur on their property. Victims of slip-trip-and-fall accidents may seek support for their medical bills and other related losses.
- Premises liability claims: All property owners would be well advised to inspect their premises for defects and to post warning signs around hazardous conditions.
- Defective product claims: Product manufacturers are legally obligated to make products that do not harm consumers when used correctly. When a product is defective, be it a faulty auto part or a dangerous drug, the manufacturer can be held accountable for the victims' injuries and losses.
- Dog bite claims: Under California law, dog owners are financially responsible for the actions of their pet that result in injuries. California's strict liability statute requires that dog owners be held financially responsible for injuries caused by their pets.
- Nursing home abuse: Nursing homes and care facilities are required to provide quality care to residents. When they fail to do so and residents are subjected to nursing home neglect or abuse, the care facilities can be held liable for their negligence and/or wrongdoing.
- Medical malpractice claims: Medical negligence can lead to medical malpractice claims. Examples of medical negligence include misdiagnosis, surgical errors and medication errors.
Getting Medical Treatment After a Riverside Injury Accident
If you have been injured, it is critical that you seek medical attention right away. Getting prompt treatment and care will not only create a medical record for your case, but it will also give you the best shot at a speedy and complete recovery.
If you refuse medical care, the insurance adjuster who takes your case may claim that you were not really hurt. It is best to prevent that challenge by documenting your injuries as soon as possible. If emergency personnel offer you medical attention at the scene, it is highly advisable to accept it. If not, make sure that you go to an emergency room or see your doctor right away.
Dealing with Insurance Companies After A Personal Injury
If you have suffered an injury, dealing with insurance companies can be extremely stressful. Here are a few useful tips to remember before discussing your injuries with an insurance adjuster:
- Be prepared: Before even picking up the phone you should have your notes in front of you. If you contradict yourself while discussing your injuries, the validity of your claim will be called into question. Refer to your notes and stay on point.
- Understand your rights: You have the right to refuse the insurance company's request to record the phone call. Tell them upfront that you do not consent to being recorded. Any statement you make during such as conversation can be used against you.
- Talk to your lawyer: Having a Riverside personal injury lawyer talk to the insurance adjuster on your behalf is a great way to avoid jeopardizing your case. Do not sign any papers or grant your insurance company access to your medical records before first discussing it with your attorney.
Never Rush into a Personal Injury Settlement
Do not accept the insurance company's first offer, even if you are tempted to take it and move on with your life. Insurance adjusters often offer inadequate settlements to make these cases go away quickly. Their adjusters are trained to make lowball offers to help protect their bottom line.
Once you accept a settlement, your claim will be closed and you will no longer be able to pursue any further support for your losses. Instead of accepting your first offer, discuss how much your claim should be worth with an experienced injury lawyer.
Choosing the Right Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer
There are many law firms in the Riverside area who may be able to help you. Make sure you work with a lawyer who has recent experience handling cases similar to yours. Your initial consultation should be free. So, use that time to learn as much as possible about your case. Also, the lawyer you retain should work on a contingency fee basis, which means that he or she will not get paid until you receive compensation.
The experienced Riverside personal injury attorneys at Bisnar | Chase have more than 35 years of experience handling all types of personal injury claims. Since 1978, our law firm has recovered millions of dollars for victims and their families. We have gone after insurance companies, at-fault motorists, negligent nursing homes, manufacturers of dangerous products as well as governmental entities in an effort to help our injured clients justice and fair compensation for their injuries and losses.
Please contact the Riverside personal injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase for a Free no obligation, completely confidential case consultation.