California Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
For immediate help with a California nursing home abuse case please call 949-203-3814.
A study in 2009 found that 1 in 7 senior citizens were abused. Many dont report it out of fear. Nursing home abuse is not only a crime but it's something loved ones and family members can seek compensation for.
Our nursing home abuse lawyers have spent 35 years fighting for the rights of our clients, whether it's elder abuse or nursing home neglect cases. Crimes on the elderly are devastating to family members because of the sheer odds against a fragile person who may be afraid to speak up.
If you have a loved one whose suffered at the hands of others and think you may have an elder abuse case, please contact us right away to preserve your rights.
Some of the types elder abuse and neglect cases are:
- Stage IV pressure ulcers (severe bedsores)
- Falls with serious injuries (fractured hips, fractured knees, head injuries)
- Dehydration/malnutrition with acute side effects like kidney failure
- Physical/sexual abuse cases
- Wrongful death
- Sepsis or other infections (like urinary tract infections) with serious side effects
- Residents who are chemically restrained with serious consequences
- Elopement/wandering resulting in serious injury
We charge no fee unless we recover money for you. We advance all litigation costs. Our reputation will provide you the clout you need to hold wrongdoers responsible for their actions. If you have fallen victim to Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect and you would like to discuss your case with a qualified and caring Lawyer, please call us 949-203-3814.
Video: Personal Injury Attorney John Bisnar discusses why family members file nursing home abuse cases.
Videos Answer Questions About Elder Abuse
With the aging of America, more and more people are less able to take care of themselves and their affairs. In most situations, family, friends, for profit corporations and social organizations provide the care and guidance that elders need and deserve.
However, when friends and relatives cannot provide adequate care, and the elder cannot provide for himself, the decision may be made to place him or her in a nursing home or assisted living facility. Unfortunately, in a growing number of cases, elders are being abused, physically, emotionally and financially while under the care of a nursing home or assisted living facility. In addition, elders may be abused or neglected in their own home by hospice employees or assistance nurses.
Elder Abuse Can Affect Anyone
You may recall the story of aging actor and Hollywood legend Mickey Rooney coming out to speak to congress about elder abuse. Mickey was emotional as he explained what he had been through. Mickey says he was often told to shut up, lost access to basic needs like food and medication, even having his identification taken away from him so he couldn't travel. His story touches on the 700,000 to 3.5 million who are abused or neglected each year.
Recognizing the growing tide of elder abuse in California, the State of California enacted The Adult Civil Protection Act to give extra protection to elders.
Also recognizing the vulnerability of elders and the growing incidence of nursing home neglect, Bisnar | Chase Personal Injury Attorneys has taken on the social responsibility of representing abused and neglected elders in cases involving nursing homes and assisted living establishments.
We have successfully represented thousands of injury clients, recovering tens of millions of dollars over the years. We thrive on helping victims of personal injury bring wrongdoers to justice.
Nursing home abuse falls into two categories: intentional harm and neglect. The intentional harm includes physical attacks, sexual assaults, emotional abuse and financial abuse. Nursing home abuse or neglect includes failure to provide for basic needs which can result in serious health issues like dehydration, weight loss, overdosing medication, life threatening falls, infections, bedsores, serious skin ulcers, decubitus ulcers, osteomyelitis, septicemia and gangrene.
Nursing homes must:
- Care for the residents in such a manner and in such an environment as will promote maintenance or enhancement of the quality of life of each resident;
- Provide services and activities to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, psycho social well-being of each resident in accordance with a written plan of care. The plan should describe the medical, nursing and psycho-social needs of the resident and is to be periodically reviewed and updated;
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment that describes the resident's capability to perform daily functions and significant impairments.
California Nursing Homes With History of Abuse
In the year 2000, the State Department of Justice launched a program to help identify nursing homes that fail to adhere to California health and safety codes. The following nursing homes were found to offer substandard levels of care and may be prone to nursing home neglect and elder abuse.
Click on the facility to read their "Operation Guardian" report. (Opens in PDF).
- Bakersfield Healthcare Center
- Braswell's Hampton Manor in Yucaipa
- Desert Knolls Convalescent Hospital in Victorville
- Evergreen Healthcare Center in Vallejo
- Florin Healthcare Center in Sacramento
- Golden Cross Health Care in Pasadena
- Motion Picture Television Fund & Skilled Nursing Unit
- Plott Nursing Home in Ontario
- Roseville Pointe Health & Wellness Center
- Sunrise Convalescent Hospital in Pasadena
- Tarzana Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Windsor House Care Center in Vacaville
- Windsor Redding Care Center
- Yuba Skilled Nursing Center