Dog Bite Attorneys
Are Dog Attacks Common in Newport Beach?
With a growing population and dog ownership keeping pace, many dog bites and dog attacks have happened recently. There are several parks and open areas, such as the boardwalk and beaches, where dog owners can take their pets, but often times the attacks happen at one's house or a close friend/relative's house.
Who is Responsible for a Dog Attack?
The dog's owner is responsible for its actions - plain and simple. Most of the victims of dog bites are children, naturally, but adults are attacked often as well. Sometimes, even unprovoked, dogs can attack, and the resulting injuries can be devastating.
These attacks are basically random events, so it's hard to be prepared for them. One thing that's crucial to a quality dog bite case is procuring evidence quickly. The longer you wait, the more likely things will "fall through the cracks." Photographs, witness statements, and geographic details are all extremely important to your dog bite case.
Dog Bite Statistics
Some of the dog bite statistics seem larger than they should be, but they happen pretty often. Many injuries every year are attributed to dogs, many more than most people assume. Part of the reason for this is many attacks go unreported.
- 4.7 million dog bites per year, nationwide
- Dog bites needing medical attention increased 15X fast than dog ownership
- 850,000 bites that need medical attention each year
- 3,000 injuries/bites among postal carriers each year
To find out more, you can visit our informational page dedicated to dog bite cases. Knowing your options and getting all of the information needed is half the battle. Please use our resources.
Get the Settlement You Deserve
If you've been attacked by an aggressive dog and you suffered a serious dog bite injury, please give us a call at 1-800-561-4887 to discuss your case and receive a Free Consultation. You deserve compensation for your injuries, and we can help you get it.
Contact our local Newport Beach office.
View Larger Map
Videos About Dog Bite & Attack Cases
- Which Dogs Are Most Aggressive?
- Whose Fault Is It When a Dog Bites?
- What Should You Do When a Dog Bites?
- Are Dog Attacks on the Rise?
- How Much is a Dog Bite Claim Worth?
- What Are the Most Horrendous Dog Attacks?
- Should You Handle Your Own Dog Bite Claim?
- What is Covered in a Dog Bite Claim?
- How Many Dog Bites Happen?
- Does Homeowner's Insurance Cover Dog Bites?
(click on icons for more information)