Interstate Route 605 Freeway Accident Attorneys
Interstate 605 is a north-south highway in the greater Los Angeles area of southern California. It runs just over 27 miles from Seal Beach to Irwindale. It is commonly referred to as the San Gabriel River Freeway after the river that closely parallels its route. At the southern end of the I-605 are the San Diego 405 Freeway and Garden Grove State Route 22 in Seal Beach. The 605 Freeway runs north through the Los Angeles Basin and San Gabriel Valley. The San Gabriel River Freeway ends at its junction with the Foothill Freeway in Duarte.
Throughout most of its route, the San Gabriel River Freeway has a carpool lane to help alleviate congestion. There are, however, many traffic jams along the 605 Freeway. It is especially busy near the I-5, Santa Ana Freeway.
Common Accident Causes
There are many contributing factors in Interstate 605 accidents. A few common causes of injury accidents along the San Gabriel River Freeway include:
- Truck Routes: Interstate 605 has connections to the 105 Freeway, which allows access to LAX. It also connects to the 91, 5, 60, 10 and 210 Freeways. All of these connections provide direct routes to railways and truck deports making the I-605 an important commercial route for many trucking companies.
- Shoulder: Local motorists know that the shoulder to the left of the car pool lanes along the I-605 is very small. Drivers who have to pull over often have to park with their vehicle still partially in the lane of traffic. Even motorists who can pull all the way of the roadway may have to stand in traffic to exit their vehicle. Drivers should keep a wide berth around any vehicle that has its emergency lights on.
- Traffic Jams: It is common for the 605 to slow to a stop near its many interchanges with other highways. Slowed or stopped traffic can result in devastating accidents. Drivers who are speeding, distracted, fatigued or under the influence may fail to adjust their speed to the new flow of traffic. Rear-end collisions at high-speeds can result in multiple-vehicle chain reaction crashes.
- Dangerous Bridges: A Transportation for America study ranked California as the 18th worst in the country for deficient bridges. There are a number of deficient bridges connecting some of the busiest Los Angeles freeways, including Interstate 605.
- Poor Roadway Conditions: On such a busy roadway, it only takes one large pothole for a multi-vehicle accident to occur. It is imperative that the governing body in charge of the roadway makes every effort to keep it properly maintained.
- Dangerous Drivers: As is true with all California freeways, there are many careless and reckless drivers on the 605 at all times. Drivers who choose to speed or make unsafe lane changes put themselves and others in danger. Motorists attempting to use their phone can be equally as dangerous. Other forms of negligent behavior that can result in an accident includes failing to yield the right of way, driving while fatigued, tailgating and driving while under the influence.
Injuries and Damages
Sadly, it is common for life-changing injury accidents to occur along Interstate Route 605. Even with proper medical diagnosis and treatment, some victims of head, back and neck injuries may never fully recover. The resulting expenses for medical bills, tests, surgical procedures and hospitalization can be devastating for a family.
Serious injuries result in more than just medical expenses. Damages that may be claimed in such car accident cases include medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning potential, physical pain, mental anguish, loss of companionship and more.
The experienced California car accident lawyers at our law firm can help determine liability for the crash and help victims and their families recover fair compensation for their losses. Please contact us for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.
Have a question that wasn't answered here?