Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys Walked Like MADD
Saturday May 12, 2012 Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys in support of MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) joined the Walk like MADD 2012 event held in Huntington Beach, CA. The Bisnar | Chase had a team of 60 participants consisting of employees, clients, family, and friends. Through fundraising efforts Bisnar | Chase was able to raise $3,455.00 contributing to the Orange County Walk like MADD Fundraiser that raised a staggering $155,289.87 combined. The Howard's who were one of the families that participated with the Bisnar|Chase team commented how they were extremely moved with compassion by the stories and pictures of those who had fallen victim to drunk drivers. Both the Bisnar | Chase team and the Howard's were deeply affected by such precious lives and the living lessons the event shared.
MADD's mission is "To aid the victims of crimes performed by individuals driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, to aid the families of such victims and to increase public awareness of the problem of drinking and drugged driving." Walk like MADD was put into effect to help raise money and awareness for MADD's programs and services the organization offers to help keep communities safe.
- Last year 10,839 people died in drunk-driving crashes alone.
- Every minute one person is injured from an alcohol related crash.
- 1 in 3 people will be involved in an alcohol related crash in their lifetime.
- MADD serves a victim or survivor of drunk driving every 9 minutes.
- Teen alcohol use kills about 6,000 people each year, more than all illegal drugs combined.
- Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teens, and 1 out of 3 of those is alcohol related.
Have a question that wasn't answered here?