Garden Grove Car Accident Lawyer
When you have been injured in a Garden Grove car accident, having a skilled negotiator and trial lawyer on your side is imperative. The experienced car accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase are committed to fighting and winning on your behalf. We strive to help you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries damages and losses. We have been representing auto accident victims since 1978 and have helped injured clients secure more than $250 million in verdicts and settlements. Call us at (949) 203-3814 to find out how we can help you.
Our personal injury attorneys are highly skilled and have represented thousands of Orange County residents. If you are seeking a reliable team of expert lawyers, our firm should be at the top of your list. We have a 96% success rate and client care is always our top priority.
Have You Been Injured in a Car Accident?
If you have been injured in a Garden Grove car accident, there are a number of steps you would be well advised to take in order to protect your rights:
- Stop immediately and remain at the scene of the crash. Wait for the authorities to arrive. The law requires you to do so.
- File a police report and obtain a copy of the report for your records. A police report puts you at the scene of the accident and can help get your account of the incident into the official report.
- Gather as much evidence as possible from the accident scene. A picture is worth a thousand words. Take photographs of the scene including the position of the vehicles and injuries sustained. Get contact information for not just the parties involved in the collision, but also anyone who might have witnessed the crash and can corroborate your account. If you are unable to gather evidence because you were injured and had to get to the hospital, have a friend or family member collect that information for you.
- Get prompt medical attention, treatment and care for your injuries. This not only gives you a good shot at making a speedy recovery, but also creates documentation for the type of injuries you sustained and the treatment you received.
- Contact an experienced Garden Grove car accident lawyer who will help protect your rights every step of the way and hold the at-fault parties accountable for their negligence.
The Issue of Negligence
There are several reasons why car accidents occur. More than 90 percent of car accidents occur as a result of driver error or negligence. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include driving under the influence, distracted driving, fatigued or drowsy driving, and failure to follow the rules of the road of which examples include running a red light, failing to yield the right of way to vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles, and making unsafe turns or lane changes.
Negligence is probably the most important component of a personal injury case. In any car accident case, particularly those involving two or more vehicles, liability will depend on fault. This means that the driver who was determined to have been negligent will be held liable for the damages caused. In cases where there is fault on both sides, a degree of fault will be assigned to each party. For example, if the other driver is found to be 70 percent responsible and you are held 30 percent responsible, you may seek up to 70 percent of the settlement from the other driver’s auto insurance policy.
What if the Other Driver is Uninsured?
Nationwide, 12.6 percent of drivers, about 1 in 8, are uninsured, according to the latest data report from the Insurance Research Council. California has the highest number of uninsured motorists in the country at 4.1 million. So, what do you do if you are injured by an uninsured motorist? When this happens, the uninsured motorist clause of your auto insurance kicks in and helps pay for your losses. This coverage also helps those who are faced with an at-fault driver who lacks sufficient auto insurance coverage to pay for all their losses. While liability insurance coverage protects other drivers, uninsured motorist protects you and the members of your household.
What Damages Can You Claim?
Car accidents often result in significant injuries or sometimes, even fatalities. Victims of car accidents often suffer severe injuries including brain and spinal cord trauma, multiple broken bones and internal injuries. A majority of these injuries involve hospitalization, surgeries and rehabilitative therapy. The cost of such treatments could add up very quickly.
Car accident victims also lose valuable income because they have to take time off work to recover from their injuries. If you have been injured in a Garden Grove car accident, you could seek compensation for damages including but not limited to medical expenses, lost income, hospitalization, rehabilitation, permanent injuries, disabilities, pain and suffering and emotional distress.
Contacting an Experienced Lawyer
An experienced Garden Grove car accident lawyer can make the difference between a successful claim and a severe financial setback. The compensation you receive after a car accident can affect the treatment you receive, the speed of your recovery and your financial future. You need a lawyer who will give voice to your concerns, make sure you are treated fairly and fight hard to ensure that your legal rights are protected.
At Bisnar Chase, we’ve set the bar for superior client representation and customer service over the last 35 years. We have represented more than 10,000 clients with a 96 percent success rate. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Garden Grove car accident, call us at (949) 203-3814 for a no-cost consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.