Important: Bisnar Chase Does NOT Accept Clergy Abuse Cases
Important Notice: The information provided on this page is strictly for informational purposes. Our firm does not accept Clergy Abuse Cases.
Clergy Abuse Resources
Child sexual abuse by a member of the clergy sends shock waves through the lives of the victims, their families and their religious community. The consequences for the victim are lifelong and life-changing. If victims find that the religious organization they thought they could trust knew the abuser was dangerous, yet allowed him or her into the community to abuse again, their sense of betrayal is only deepened. The attorneys at Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys are ready to help victims through a difficult journey toward the justice, compensation and closure they need -- and to stop future abuse.
With nearly 30 years of experience representing thousands of injured and traumatized clients and Mr. Bisnar's extensive experience in dealing with abuse issues and its victims, we are uniquely aware and sensitive of the fear, shame, anger, helplessness, despair, self doubt and guilt that many of the abused feel and experience. You are not alone. It did happen to others. You are not to blame.
Although each person's experience and reaction is unique, their responses are similar. The effect on one's life falls into similar, yet unique, patterns. Stepping forward, protected, guided and shielded by a law firm that sees you as brave and courageous, can be hugely beneficial in healing the wounds and becoming stronger for the experience. That, which doesn't kill me, strengthens me.
The mountain of clergy abuse cases that have been resolved, those in process and those yet to come, are making a remarkable impact on healing the wounds, bringing the wrongdoers to justice and protecting future generations. Bringing the fact that these tragedies happened, shinning a spot light on the abusers, obtaining compensation for their victims, assisting the victims in their healing process, holding the wrongdoers accountable and preventing future abuses are our goals. You were not the only innocent victim of your abuser. Unless they are stoped, they continue their abusive habits.
The following is a collection of resources dedicated to helping you find information and help in deciding whether and how to pursue clergy abuse litigation. However, none of it should be considered legal advice; for a confidential and free consultation with an experienced attorney, please call Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys today at 949-203-3814 or click here to fill out a case evaluation form.
- SNAP -- Web site for the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, the biggest clergy abuse survivors' group in the nation. SNAP supports and advocates for victims as well as educating the public in hopes of preventing more abuse.
- Bishop Accountability -- A project that tracks abuse in the Roman Catholic Church by collecting news stories, church documents, legal documents and much more. Of note on the site is the Abuse Tracker blog, which keeps up with the news about clergy abuse in all religions and worldwide.
- The Jewish Coalition Against Sexual Abuse/Assault --The coalition has collected resources related to Jewish spirituality and Jewish law for survivors of abuse, as well as stories from victims.
- Silent Lambs -- An organization for survivors of abuse within the Jehovah's Witnesses.
- Tapestry Against Polygamy -- A nonprofit group that advocates against polygamy and forced marriages, particularly within fundamentalist Mormon splinter groups.
- SOAR -- The nonsectarian Survivors of Abuse in Religion mailing list.
The information provided on this page is strictly for informational purposes. Our firm does not accept Clergy Abuse Cases.