Catastrophic Product Liability Lawyers
Bisnar Chase catastrophic injury attorneys specialize in representing people who have been seriously injured or killed as the result of defective or incorrectly designed products.
There is a lot of mental and emotional anguish that comes from experiencing a defective product. This is due in part to the trust we have for the product manufacturers and the companies that sell or distribute these products.
From child toys to pet food to auto parts and other miscellaneous products that we purchase, we just expect these products to be safe as they should be.
If you have been injured as a result of big business' disregard for consumer safety via a defective product, we urge you to call us now at 800-561-4887 to set up your free consultation.
You, as a consumer and as a human being, have rights that shall not be infringed upon. Continue reading to learn more about product defects and what you need to do to both protect yourself from them as well as what to do if you become a victim.
What is Product Liability?
Unfortunately, not all designers, manufacturers and sellers of products live up to the safety expectations and the requirements of our laws with regard to their products.
Product liability refers to a manufacturer or seller being held liable for placing a defective product into the hands of a consumer. Responsibility for a product defect that causes injury lies with all sellers of the product who are in the distribution chain according to FindLaw.
With this in mind, it would be in a company's best interest to only sell products after rigorous safety test. Despite this being common sense, thousands of recalls are issued out each year on account of safety issues.
It's also important to note that not all companies that have product recalls had the malicious intent to hurt their customers. Regardless, it is the responsibility of the company and the manufacturer to ensure the quality and safety of their good before they reach the public.
If you have sustained injury from a defect product, this means you are most likely entitled to compensation and an experienced lawyer can help you take legal action.
How to Identify a Defective Product
In most cases, it is hard to detect when a product doesn't live up to safety expectations, however, there are some warning signs that can help you be proactive and vigilant to product deficiency:
- The product itself was made with a fundamental flaw that makes the whole line obsolete. If this is the case, store the defective product away from the reach of children or any other person(s). Look into the product and find out if there has been a government issued recall. If there has, return your defective product to the point of sale and obtain a refund. If you have sustained injury from the same product, it would be wise to consult with a catastrophic product liability lawyer before returning the item.
- In some cases, the product could have been safely designed by the company, however, the manufacturer could have strayed from the initial design and thus inadvertently created a defect. The same guidelines apply in this case, however, you may be qualified for a new product depending on the company and the recall. Again, if you have been injured, keep detailed records of our injury and save and invoices or receipts pertaining to medical expenses and recovery. This will help your attorney fight for your compensation in court.
- Companies and manufacturers alike are also responsible for informing their consumers on how to safely utilize their products. If confusion arises on how to use a product and the given written instructions do not cover your questions, we advise you to contact the given company immediately. If a company is not detailed enough to give consumers adequate instructions to avoid confusion and harm, it is best to return the product before any harm is sustained.
In some case, you may not necessarily have to prove that the manufacturer was "negligent".
How to Prove Product Liability Negligence
Product liability claims, often called "strict product liability" can be established if you are able to prove the following factors:
- The product was defective.
- The defect existed prior to the manufacturer releasing the product.
- The defect caused your damages.
If you and your catastrophic injury lawyer can prove these things in a court of law, the odds are in your party's favor of receiving the compensation you deserve. This is why it is absolutely essential to have an experienced attorney representing you who knows product liability law from from to back and can also read between the lines.
When you choose Bisnar Chase, we assure you that everyone on our legal team is proficient in law interpretation.
How Can I Take Legal Action Against the Manufacturer?
Bisnar Chase has reputable experience in representing individuals who have been seriously injured or killed as the result of defective or incorrectly designed products.
If you have suffered serious injuries due to a defective product you may be able to file a claim against the manufacturer to recover damages. Call 949-203-3814.
Contact us today to learn more about your rights as an injured victim.