Product Liability Claims
There is a lot of mental and emotional anguish that comes from experiencing a defective product.
This is due in part to the trust we have for the manufacturers and the companies that sell or distribute these products. From child toys to pet food to auto parts and other miscellaneous products that we purchase, we just expect these products to be safe.
There have been hundreds of thousands of product recalls over the years and many have resulted in injury and death.
Unfortunately, not all designers, manufacturers and sellers of products live up to these expectations and the requirements of our laws with regard to their products.
Here are 3 ways a product may be found to be dangerous:
1) A design flaw or defect exists when the product was designed with a defect that makes the entire line dangerous even if the manufacturing and assembly was flawless.
2) A manufacturing flaw or defect exists when a safely designed product becomes dangerous because the manufacturer failed to make the product in accordance with the plans and specifications.
3) Inadequate warnings or instructions are not complete and do not give clear directions for use of the product.
In some case, you may not necessarily have to prove that the manufacturer was "negligent".
Product liability claims, often called "strict product liability" can be established if you are able to prove 3 things:
- The product was defective.
- The defect existed prior to the manufacturer releasing the product.
- The defect caused your damages.
Bisnar Chase has reputable experience in representing individuals who have been seriously injured or killed as the result of defective or incorrectly designed products.
If you have suffered serious injuries due to a defective product you may be able to file a claim against the manufacturer to recover damages. Call 949-203-3814.
Contact us today to learn more about your rights as an injured victim.