Burbank Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle accidents in Burbank cost riders much more than money. Health issues, injuries, and other maladies can be part of the equation that determines just how severe an accident injury becomes. Thankfully, there are options for recovery in the case of severe motorcycle accident injury. Contacting a Burbank motorcycle accident attorney should be one of your top priorities. They will be an important member of your team when deciding where to go next in the process. If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, call us at 949-203-3814 or contact a Burbank motorcycle accident attorney as soon as you can for more information regarding your situation.
Motorcycle riding around Burbank is exhilarating. With most exploration there is a little bit of risk mixed with thrill. With motor bikes the jeopardy is that any small collision could possess major consequences. Let's gaze at some of the various factors involved with motorcycle accidents:
Motorcycle Accident Study findings:
- Three-fourths of cycle collisions concerned crashing into another vehicle; usually an auto.
- One-fourth of biker crashes were single vehicle crashes with only the motorcycle on the roadway or hitting some fixed item on the road edge.
- Motorized malfunction on the part of the motorcycle ranked for less than 3% of all bike crashes. Most of those were punctured tire accidents.
- In single bike mishaps, rider error was the key cause of the accident in nearly two - thirds of all cases. Motorcyclists have a characteristic mistake: the bike slides out and falls due to over braking or running too fast on a curve. Excess speed or under-cornering is the cause.
- Highway troubles and environment deficiency (pavement ridges, potholes, etc.) were the accident cause in 2% of the accidents.
- In most multi vehicle accidents, it turns out that the driver of the other car had violated right-of-way laws in terms of the motorcycle rider. The car caused the mishap in over two-thirds of those types of crashes.
- When drivers fail to perceive and identify cycles mixed up in traffic, it leads to the major cause of cycle accidents: blind siding the biker. The driver of the other vehicle involved in impact with the bike simply did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not view the bike until it was too late.
- Then there is road rage. Calculated, fuming and antagonistic action by a motorist against a rider is a rare cause of crashes, but it does take place. The most recurrent example is the motorcycle proceeding straight ahead. Then the auto abruptly veers to make a left turn in front of the oncoming motorcycle.
- Intersections are the most popular place for cycle colllisions. In most cases the other car violates the cyclist's right-of-way, and often they violate other laws.
- Here is an unusual fact: Weather is not a factor in 98% of motorcycle accidents. To address the risks of motorcycling, before and after a fall, motorcyclists use personal protective equipment more commonly called "motorcycle gear".
- Higher Visibility — In the sensible day-to-day experiences of bikers themselves, riders select high-visibility gear. Bright colors and retro-reflective strips on clothing are regular on superior apparatus.
- Skin Abrasion Resistance — Thick, tough leather jackets and pants and gloves offer the most protection in a crash. These are infused with ballistic fabrics such as Cordura and Kevlar to provide significant protection. Denim fabrics are cheaper, easier to maintain, waterproof, and more comfy in hot weather. Thick leather affords the most protection but can be very uncomfortable in temperatures exceeding 85 °F. If you wear them in temps above 100 °F they can truly bring heat stress & loss of driver control due to not enough fluid replacement.
- High Impact Protection — Quality jackets and pants give important extra padding over susceptible joint regions described above. This padding can take the form of simple foam padding, or dual-density foam that stiffens when compressed. Occasionally, plastic or carbon fiber filled outer-shells can spread the impact across the pad. Integrated pieces can be found in many jackets that are protective.
- All Weather Protection — One important aspect of PPE not mentioned above is protection from the natural elements. Extreme weather can make a long motorcycle rides unbearable or very dangerous. PPE provides excellent protection from wind, rain and cold.
No matter how safe you try to be, you might need a Burbank motorcycle accident attorney.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, do not hesitate, call us at 949-203-3814 or contact us right away for more information regarding your motorcycle injury situation.
Have a question that wasn't answered here?