Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse Attorneys
Brighton Gardens of Yorba Linda
17803 Imperial Highway
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
When our elder loved ones move into nursing homes, long-term care facilities or board and care facilities, we trust that they will receive attention, medical care, proper nutrition and will be generally well-cared for. Unfortunately, this does not always happen, even in the best of facilities. Because of their special needs, the elderly are particularly vulnerable to illness and injury.
Brighton Gardens of Yorba Linda has violated a shocking amount of laws and has received a very poor rating by Medicare. Brighton Gardens Of Yorba Lind in Yorba Linda California has a 60% occupancy rate with 27 residents using its 45 beds. They are part of a multiple nursing home ownership and are a For Profit nursing home. The home is located in Orange County, California.
Brighton Gardens of Yorba Linda violations include:
- Develop a complete care plan that meets all of a resident's needs, with timetables and actions that can be measured.
- Give each resident care and services to get or keep the highest quality of life possible.
- Give or get lab tests to meet the needs of residents.
- Have a program to keep infection from spreading.
- Have drugs and other similar products available, which are needed every day and in emergencies, and give them out properly.
- Make sure that staff members wash their hands when needed.
- Make sure that the nursing home area is free of dangers that cause accidents.
- Prepare food that is nutritional, appetizing, tasty, attractive, well-cooked, and at the right temperature.
- Provide activities to meet the needs of each resident.
- Provide care in a way that keeps or builds each resident's dignity and self respect.
- Provide services to meet the needs and preferences of each resident.
- Store, cook, and give out food in a safe and clean way.
- Write and use policies that forbid mistreatment, neglect and abuse of residents and theft of residents' property.
How an elder care facility like this can cause such violations such as medical equipment and nutrition violations are completely astonishing, inexcusable and should not be tolerated.
This information was based off data reported by CMS as of 7/29/10.
Citations are issued by the Department of Health Services (DHS) during the annual certification visit.
Citations come in several classes depending on their severity. The state average is a little less than one per facility per year, but ideally, a facility should not have any citations.
- Class AA: The most serious violation, AA citations are issued when a resident death has occurred in such a way that it has been directly and officially attributed to the responsibility of the facility, and carry fines of $25,000 to $100,000.
- Class A: Class A citations are issued when violations present imminent danger to patients or the substantial probability of death or serious harm, and carry fines from $2,000 to $20,000.
- Class B: Class B citations carry fines from $100 to $1000 and are issued for violations which have a direct or immediate relationship to health, safety, or security, but do not qualify as A or AA citations.
This information should not be used as the sole measure of quality of care in a nursing home. It is important to visit potential facilities and evaluate it yourself.
Brighton Gardens of Yorba Linda is part of a nation-wide epidemic of nursing home abuse and neglect which untouched will only continue and worsen. These outrageous violations of human rights can be stopped with your support. If you or someone you know has been affected, you can get the help you need which can also improve nursing home industry standards.
Watch these videos to learn more:
Videos Answer Questions on Elder Abuse
The informational videos above are several examples of nursing home abuse, which can be partitioned as either a case of neglect or intentional harm. The types of intentional harm in nursing homes include sexual assaults, physical abuse, emotional and verbal abuse, and even financial abuse. Elder neglect can include harming the patients with inadequate food, medicine, medical equipment, and proper accommodations. This can cause symptoms such as bedsores, malnutrition, overdose on medication or the wrong type of prescription, ulcers, and other bodily injuries.
It is disheartening to learn about the kind of care a loved one has been receiving at a nursing home or other care facility. At Bisnar | Chase Personal Injury Attorneys, LLP, we believe that nursing homes have a responsibility to provide the care that elderly individuals need. When a loved one suffers from nursing home abuse or neglect, we work hard to expose the nursing home's deficiencies and obtain just compensation for your loved one's suffering. Nursing home and elder abuse in California is a complicated matter which usually requires a specialist. With over 30 years of experience, Bisnar | Chase Personal Injury Attorneys, LLP, in Orange County, has had the experience to investigate the signs and fully investigate what many miss in order to get the best case results possible for the victim.
We are here to help. In addition to helping your loved one recover financial compensation for their pain and suffering, our work has the added benefit of often bringing about changes within the nursing homes themselves. Call the nursing home abuse specialists at Bisnar | Chase Personal Injury Attorneys, LLP to let you know of your options, for free.
If you feel you have been the victim of nursing home neglect or abuse, please call 949-203-3814 to discuss your options.
(click on icons for more information)