Anaheim Truck Accident Lawyers
In the popular city of Anaheim, California, with a population close to 400,000, the incident of vehicular accidents is significant, with 1,883 injured and 11 dead in 2009 alone. Due to the large entertainment venues in amusement parks and sports, a high volume of truck traffic is quite common on the streets of this popular Orange County city, but with it, truck accidents have become rampant.
The enormous difference in mass and size between trucks and passenger cars often spells disaster for motorists. In fact, it has been estimated that as many as 10% of all fatal accidents are caused by semi-trucks.
Near 5,000 Fatal truck crashes happened nation-wide in 2005 and the numbers aren't looking any better. On average fifty people per day are killed or injured in a truck accident. In crashes involving a truck or tractor trailer and a passenger vehicle, the occupants of the passenger vehicle are 50 times more likely to be killed than the truck driver due to the mass of the truck versus a normal-sized vehicle.
Truck Accident Causes:
There are various causes of truck accidents, which can include:
- Long hours in service/driver fatigue
- Intoxicated or distracted Drivers
- Driver error
- Substandard Inspections
- Longer Combination Vehicles (with 3,151 fatalities noted in 2008 alone)
- Hazardous Materials
In truck accident cases, it can be challenging to resolve who is truly at fault. Perhaps a negligent tractor trailer driver caused a collision in Anaheim because he was drowsy after spending too many hours driving the road. Perhaps the driver of a car caused the accident because she was speeding. In many cases, neither of the drivers is at fault. Often, truck accidents are caused by weakly maintained vehicles, improperly loaded vehicles or defective truck parts. We know how to determine who was at fault and take action against them.
The attorneys at Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys are experienced Anaheim truck accident lawyers who have represented truck and other auto accident victims for over thirty years. We have a track-record of success including:
- $250,000 for a forklift injured a delivery truck driver on a loading dock.
- A confidential settlement for the driver of a freightliner cement truck whose brakes failed. The truck careened out of control for a quarter-mile and the driver was permanently incapacitated. We were able to provide the victim with an exceptionally significant compensation.
- A U-Haul that caused two Ford Explorers to roll over, causing the death of a child and injuring a child whose seatbelt failed. We fought for the victims and received a substantial confidential settlement for them.
- $200,000 for a woman who was fatally injured when her car crashed into a semi truck.
- Moreover, All truck accident cases are handled on a contingency basis, which means we will only accept payment if we are successful in getting you compensation.
Since 1978, Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys has been serving people in and around Anaheim California, specializing in vehicle and truck accident law. Unsafe driving practices, overly heavy loads, substandard equipment, bad tires, and other dangerous or negligent practices put innocent motorists at risk.
Our Anaheim truck accident lawyers know what to look for when analyzing trucking accidents. Call us for a free consultation at: 949-203-3814 and get the best options for your case.