Anaheim Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Finding the Right Bike Accident Lawyer
The experienced Anaheim bike accident lawyers of Bisnar Chase have a long and successful track record of representing those who have been seriously or catastrophically injured. We will fight for your rights and help hold the negligent parties accountable for their actions.
We've been serving Orange County residents for over three decades and are familiar with Orange County judges, courts and defense lawyers. Our Anaheim personal injury lawyers are top rated with SuperLawyers and AVVO, and we offer a free evaluation of your bicycle injuries. Please call us at 949-203-3814 today for a free consultation
Anaheim Bicycle Accident Statistics
- According to the California Highway Patrol Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS) Anaheim topped the list when it came to bike accident fatalities in Orange County.
- In Orange County as a whole, 12 people died and 1,199 were injured as a result of bicycle accidents during the same year.
- According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 500,000 people in the United States are treated in emergency departments and more than 700 people die as a result of bicycle-related injuries.
The city of Anaheim has a number of bikers who are riding to and from work or biking for exercise. The busy streets of Anaheim with its long and wide boulevards and bustling tourist areas can be tricky for bike riders to maneuver. Bicycle accidents can result in serious and debilitating injuries that can cause a lifetime of pain and disabilities.
If a negligent driver or a dangerous roadway condition caused your bicycle accident injuries, it is important that you contact an experienced Anaheim bike accident attorney to examine your legal rights and options.
Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicyclists are often left with serious or life-threatening injuries because they have very little protection other than a helmet or the clothes they are wearing. Some of the injuries that are commonly sustained in Anaheim bicycle accidents include:
- Head Injuries: These can be minor, moderate or catastrophic. An example of a serious head injury is a traumatic brain injury. This can occur when the bicyclist's head hits the pavement or the windshield of a vehicle. Head injuries may require surgery, treatment and extensive rehabilitation.
- Spinal Cord Damage: Bicycle accident spinal cord injuries often involve a broken neck. This can be caused by the direct impact of the vehicle or other vehicle or simply by the force of the fall. The extent of paralysis associated with a broken neck usually depends on where the spinal cord was damaged during the fall. A spinal cord injury can result in life-changing disabilities and chronic pain. Individuals may never be able to return to work.
- Broken Bones: The impact of a fall during a bicycle accident can result in broken bones. Bicyclists may suffer a simple or compound fracture. In a simple bone fracture, there is no external wound because the broken bone has not penetrated the skin. Compound fractures occur when the broken bone penetrates the skin. Compound fractures are more likely to get infected.
- Internal Injuries: When there is severe impact, bicyclists are likely to suffer severe internal injuries such as punctured lung or lacerated spleen. These injuries are extremely dangerous because they can cause internal bleeding, which can prove fatal.
Bicycle Accident Damages
Victims of Anaheim bicycle accidents can seek compensation for damages including but not limited to medical expenses, loss of earnings, cost of hospitalization, surgeries, rehabilitation, pain and suffering and emotional distress. If a dangerous roadway condition caused the bicycle accident, the city can also be held liable. Under California Government Code Section 911.2, any personal injury claim against a governmental agency must be filed within 180 days of the incident.
If you have been injured in a bike accident in Anaheim, contact our office to receive a free case evaluation. Call 949-203-3814 today. The call is free, the advice is free and the outcome may be priceless.