California Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Bisnar|Chase, California Nursing Home abuse lawyers has recognized the growing need to protect the elderly against abuse and neglect. The APS (Adult Protective Services) reports that, in one year alone in the United States, there are close to 240,000 reports of elder abuse and neglect and in many cases, elders are being abused, physically, emotionally and financially while in the "care" of nursing homes and assisted living residences.
The State of California has enacted the Adult Civil Protection Act to protect the rights of the elderly. Bisnar|Chase has also taken on the social responsibility of representing abused and neglected seniors and will vigorously pursue all negligent parties.
Nursing home abuse falls into two categories, intentional harm and neglect. The intentional harm includes physical attacks, sexual assaults, emotional abuse and financial abuse. Neglect includes failure to provide for basic needs which can result in dehydration, malnutrition, medication overdoses, falls, infections, bedsores, pressure sores, skin ulcers, decubitus ulcers, osteomyelitis, septicemia and gangrene.
Nursing homes are responsible for providing the following:
- Care for their residents in such a manner and in such an environment as will promote maintenance or enhancement of the quality of life of each resident;
- Provide services and activities to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, psycho social well-being of each resident in accordance with a written plan of care. The plan should describe the medical, nursing and psycho-social needs of the resident and is to be periodically reviewed and updated;
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment that describes the resident's capability to perform daily functions and significant impairments.
If you believe that your elderly loved one has been a victim of abuse and neglect at the hands of negligent caregivers you may be able to file a claim to recover all damages against your loved one and family. If you see any of these signs, consult a reputable personal injury lawyer immediately.
- Broken or fractured bones
- Head injuries
- Open wounds, cuts, punctures, untreated injuries in various stages of healing
- Broken eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids
- Signs of punishment or physical restraint
- Your loved one tells you they have been mistreated
- A sudden change in behavior
- The nursing home refuses to allow unsupervised visits
At Bisnar|Chase we make it our business to assist the victims of Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect to protect themselves and others similarly situated from further harm and to recover financial compensation for the harm they have endured.
We charge no fee for consultations or case evaluations. We charge no fee unless we recover money for you. We advance all litigation costs. We will provide you the clout you need to hold wrongdoers responsible for their actions.
HOLDING WRONGDOERS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE DAMAGES THEY CAUSE SINCE 1978
(click on icons for more information)