California Auto Accident Lawyers
Bisnar | Chase Personal Injury Attorneys, LLP, a prominent and respected law firm serving the people of California since 1978, has successfully represented thousands of people who have been injured in automobile accidents. Bisnar|Chase and their team of experienced attorneys are dedicated to their clients and have committed themselves to getting the best possible results in each and every California car accident case. In every personal injury case there are significant costs associated with providing the best representation. Bisnar | Chase have the financial resources available and can afford to hire the best experts in the field at no cost to you.
At Bisnar | Chase we will promptly investigate a crash, determine fault, and seek to recover all legal damages. Regardless of who was at fault in the accident, victims should seek the counsel of an experienced California automobile accident attorney or car accident lawyer to protect your legal rights.
Chances are that if you travel in a motor vehicle, you may eventually be involved in an accident. NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration) statistics for the year 2001 reported that there were over 3 million people injured due to motor vehicle accidents and 41,300 injuries resulted in death.
- 25% of the fatalities occurred to people under the age of 25.
- 40% of the fatalities were related to alcohol.
- 63% of the fatalities were caused from improper seat belt use.
It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family in the event of an automobile accident. Always carry automobile insurance and make sure you have a provision for uninsured/underinsured motorist in your policy. California statistics report that close to 25% of all motor vehicles operated in the state do not have insurance.
Your liability insurance will cover your damages as well as your passengers. It will also cover any damages to the other party if the accident was your fault. However, if the accident was not your fault and the other party does not have enough insurance to cover your damages (underinsured), or worse has no coverage at all (uninsured), your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage will pick up the costs.
If you have been involved in an automobile accident in California, you may be able to file a claim against the negligent driver to recover all of your damages including property damage, medical costs, personal suffering, future losses and, in some cases, punitive damages. Never proceed with a negligence claim without first obtaining legal advice. An attorney experienced in the practice of personal injury law knows the court system, can cut through insurance company red tape, and will make sure you are justly compensated for all current and future damages.
In the event of an accident you should consult an Orange County attorney immediately. The shock and stress of being involved in an accident is a traumatic experience for all involved. The experienced professionals at Bisnar | Chase are available now to begin assisting you.
There are several extremely important things that you must remember to do immediately after an accident. Valuable evidence and witness collaboration may be crucial in determining the cause of the accident and can often be lost if not documented properly and accurately.
Here are the steps that you should take:
- Make sure you file a report with the police, sheriff or highway patrol.
- Document the name, address, insurance, information, vehicle license number and driver's license number of any and all other people involved in the accident.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of all witnesses.
- Always carry a camera in your glove box. Photograph the accident scene including any vehicle damage and any injuries to all parties. Note the time of day, weather conditions, driving conditions, road construction, etc.
- Make sure you go to an emergency room or see your doctor as soon as possible. Describe all of your injuries and do not leave anything out. Even an injury that may appear to be minor at the time can lead to severe complications in the future.
- Call an experienced and reputable personal injury law firm immediately.
- Inform your insurance company but never discuss the accident or any injuries to any other insurance company. Refer all enquiries to your attorney.
- Never volunteer any theories about the circumstances surrounding the accident. Never agree to sign any statements regarding the accident without first referring to your attorney.
HOLDING WRONGDOERS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE DAMAGES THEY CAUSE SINCE 1978
(click on icons for more information)